Any Animal That Touches This Lethal Lake Turns to Stone (Photos)

<blockquote data-textannotation-id="9b19f3950961173be41118f709470504">

<p>Very creative the way that Brandt has placed the remains in ‘living’ positions and photographed them. I would of swore that they were fake.<br>

<em>''I unexpectedly found the creatures - all manner of birds and bats - washed up along the shoreline of Lake Natron in Northern Tanzania. No-one knows for certain exactly how they die, but it appears that the extreme reflective nature of the lake’s surface confuses them, and like birds crashing into plate glass windows, they crash into the lake. The water has an extremely high soda and salt content, so high that it would strip the ink off my Kodak film boxes within a few seconds. The soda and salt causes the creatures to calcify, perfectly preserved, as they dry.'' </em><br>

<em>''I took these creatures as I found them on the shoreline, and then placed them in ‘living’ positions, bringing them back to ‘life’, as it were. Reanimated, alive again in death.''</em> http://gizmodo.com/any-animal-that-touches-this-lethal-lake-turns-to-stone-1436606506</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Interesting, indeed. Thanks -</p>

<p>and thanks for posting enough info so a person can decide to view or not before having to click all around - wish more people would post a little abstract rather than just a bare link with "check this out"</p>

<p>Charles, sorry about the misleading title. Figured I would go with their title.<br>

JDM- I agree and glad you mentioned about people not posting enough info. Someone should start a thread about this, if it has not been discussed already.<br>

I am more prone to not even look at a thread when someone ask for help or Look At This....and they dont give a clue in the Subject Line as to what the topic is. Too often it ends up being a link that I am not interested in, or cannot be of help. Not that I can offer much in the way of technical help:)</p>