developer for Agfa APX 100 film

steven_dunlap

<p>Paul from MS hobbies just sent me some APX 100 that he split and loaded for me. I plan on shooting most of it in a minoxiii. I am going to develop it myself in one of the oldet 50 exposure roll Minox tanks and I need some ideas on what the best developer to use would be. I am thinking Rodinol, But would appreciate ideas from other forum members. Thanks folks.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>As a long time Rodinal user I'd advise against it for Minox negs, unless you are a golf-ball fanatic! I find it just on the borderline for 35mm FP4 and superb for 6x6 and above.</p>

<p>Julian's suggestion is good, especially if you dilute 1:1. You could also consider Paterson Aculux, which is another long-time favourite of mine. I haven't tried the new version 3 but it should be just right.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>For the short time it was available to my re-discovered photo interest I found that FX1 or FX2 were excellent. Probably any Beutler developer would give the same fine results. Cheap, too! :-)</p>

<p>Use as a stand developer and it takes a lot of the worry about exact times/temps.</p>