What lens is likely used on this Pentax 67 shot?

andrew_keam

<p>Hi, I was hoping to get some suggestions from some users as to how this photo might have been taken? </p>

<p>http://www.artpartner.com/artists/image/alasdair-mclellan/purple-manchester-division-/</p>

<p>It is the last photo on the page, a shot of a model in a white outfit, standing under a freeway overpass..</p>

<p>I have recently acquired a Pentax 67 and really like the look it seems to be able to achieve with some of its lenses, an ability to be able to seperate the subject from the background.. </p>

<p>I know this photographer is using a Pentax 67 as I have seen videos of him shooting with it...</p>

<p>Any ideas? </p>

<p>If i was to have a guess it would either be the 90mm 2.8 or 105mm 2.4 wide open? </p>

<p>I see there is a very rare 75mm 2.8 in the Pentax 67 lens line up, could it be that? Or does that make it too wide? </p>

<p>Ok, thanks, any information would be really helpful to me..</p>

<p> Well it is all just educated guessing.. which is fun. For one thing we don't know that the image hasn't been cropped.. which would change how the focal length looks. My favorite lens on my P67 is the 55mm and I would say that this image is not that wide angle. My vote goes for a 75mm lens, just wider than normal.<br>

Dennis</p>

<p>Hi, Thanks for all the responses! Yep, so presuming it hasn't been cropped I guess... So it seems fairly wide to me, although in my experience it is quite hard to achieve that shallow D.O.F with a wide angle lens? There seems to be a great deal of separation between the subject and background... Would a 75mm f4.5 give this? Ok, thanks again.</p>

<p> I have all the lenses mentioned except the 2.8 75. My 75 is the 4.5 and looking through it just now I would say that no you wouldn't get the same depth of field as your sample. The same would have to be said of the 55 which is also f4 and doesn't go very out of focus. So I am changing my guess to the 2.8 90mm</p>

<p>I'm going with the 105 2.4. Because it has the same feel, its wide enough at full length head to toe on the subject, and its far enough back to achieve that slight bokeh providing its wide open as most Photographers love to shoot with that lens.</p>

<p>I doubt it is the 55mm since I see little sign of distortion along the edges, such as the blue sign. Possible the 75mm. But if you take into consideration how much of the ground along the bottom and underside of the road on top you can see, it definitely gives the impression of a pretty wide angle.</p>

<p>I have the 45mm, 55mm, 75mm, 90mmLS, 105mm, 135mm, 165mmLS and 200mm. I'd say it's either the 90mm f2.8 or the 105mm f2.4, but like has been said it could be the 90-180mm zoom. Just a guess of course, but the way things line up and the for / aft perspective leads me in that direction. Never met a Pentax lens I didn't like! JohnW</p>