Old Velvia and Provia (expired 2005) still usable for c41?

<p>I have bought a bulk 120 Film rolls from some photographer who has cleared his vaults. In this bulk were around 20 rolls of Fuji Velvia and Provia. All expired around 2004 (the Provia 400s) and 2005 (the Velvias)<br>

It maes no sense for using them as Color Slides. But has anyone used such old film for C41 Crossprocessing? How "good" are my chances that they render ANY image?<br>

I would be gratefull for any hints</p>

<p>(they were stored cold. and lay now deep fridged)</p>

<p>Naw, just shoot a roll normally, since they were stored sensibly. Though back in the day when everything was film a lot of people would "overexpose" Velvia 50 about a 1/3rd stop since many felt its ISO rating was a bit optimistic. But assuming you have past experience with the film, just shoot one roll as though it was a fresh batch exposing according to your experience and taste and evaluate the results.</p>

<p>And afterwards if there's no image you can come back and tell us how wrong we are :) But I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.</p>

<p>Like the others, I would not hesitate to at least try the film in its native process. My guess is that it would be fairly decent even if it had not been kept cool. As Gene M.'s found films series show, film is surprisingly resilient, though those are mostly B&W, to be sure.</p>

<p>Here is some pre-1985 Kodachrome, shot at that time, and processed in the last batches to go through Dwayne's in 2010. This was not refrigerated, but was lost in the bottom of a drawer in my office all that time. </p><div>00azCj-501963584.jpg.d73d45f067cb27ccc4dd732854113a55.jpg</div>