Proccessing error - Help Needed

cleeo_wright

<p>The attached section of a photo shows an issue that showed up this last time that I processed some film. This was only my 5th roll to be developed at home and this is the first time I've seen this. Any ideas?</p>

<p>Illford Pan F<br>

Kodak HC110 - Dilution B 4 Min at 20 degrees C<br>

Illford Stop <br>

Kodak Rapid Fix - 6 Minutes<br>

Sprint Systems Wash (1 Min Water, 3 Min Wash, 10 Min water)<br>

4 drops Kodak Photo Flo</p>

<p>The issue doesn't appear to be on all of the negatives but there are several in a row. I developed this in a Patterson Super System 4 Tank. I only had one reel with film on it in the bottom and the other in to hold it in place.<br>

<br />Any information would be appreciated.</p>

<div>00axmL-500935584.jpg.ab17965566508b4901822f6cc0328060.jpg</div>

<p>Try 1 drop of photoflo to a tank of water, and hold the film at an angle for a couple of minutes so the excess water drains across the film and then down to one corner. If you have really hard water, buy a gallon of distilled water and use it for the final rinse instead of tap water.</p>

<p>With a magnifier you will be able to see the artifact on the negative. It might be white, but most probably just will be a colorless surface imperfection. It is caused by the film drying with droplets of rinse water on it instead of it running off. The suggestion that you hold the film at such an angle that causes the water to drain off the image area is good. The PhotoFlo helps the water to drain rather than form droplets.</p>

<p>I vote for re-washing the film with distilled water used for the final rinse, and seeing whether that solves the problem. Obviously you do need to be careful how much wetting agent to use; I can't recall using the Kodak version, but be sure to start by following the manufacturer's instructions, and if anything, use less, not more.</p>

<p>It could also be from air bubbles left from inversion agitation.</p>

<p>After every inversion cycle, tap your tank on a hard surface to dislodge any bubbles. But don't slam it down too hard and crack the tank open ;)</p>

<p>Use a little more chemistry to make sure everything is well submerged.</p>