Any DIY ideas for projecting digital images directly to 669?

<p>I was thinking it would be kinda cool if there was a way to project digital images directly to 669 film. I have a Daylab Copy Pro, but there is no lab where I live. I hate sending out for prints, especially since you have to guess at how much to bump up the contrast and saturation for transfers. And I especially despise making inkjet prints on my printer. Seems wasteful. <br>

Any thoughts? Would be really fun to frankenstein my Copy Pro...</p>

<p>I suggest that you experiment using a common LCD digital projector. Many photofinishing printers use an LCD screen to create a virtual negative (or positive) projecting and thus exposing directly onto film or paper. You can use an off-the-shelf projectors. You might need to modify by installing a makeshift shutter and maybe mount a supplemental lens to allow close focusing. Anyway, this method has been employed in some photofinishing printer designs.</p>

<p>Sidebar : It is possible to multiply acuity many fold.</p>

<p>If an image is taken with a high megapixel camera, likely the computer monitor or the LCD projector will not have the necessary pixel density to display all. Software within the device will choose what pixels to shown and what pixels to discard. Photofinishing printers can utilize software and hardware to increase the pixel density of a printed picture many folds. An image is projected and exposed. The software exchanges the displayed pixels with discarded pixels. This paper or film target is moved in micro-steps. The revised projected image is now double exposed on top of the first exposure. The result is a doubling of the resolution. This procedure can be repeated many times thereby multiplying the resolution of the finished image many fold.</p>