Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #20

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq" rel="nofollow"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! Despite the beautiful weather we've had here I haven't gotten the camera out this week except for a wedding on Saturday. So here's one from last week when I shot the bluebird. This is the Northern Mockingbird that was harassing the bird in my photo from last week's thread. Everyone's photos look great and I can tell a lot of people are improving, including myself. I would like to think that this weekly thread encourages people to get out and shoot and motivates us to bring better shots to the table each week. So, let's see those photos.</p><div>00aOjM-466785584.jpg.ecc179d422cfda2293b27d2a8de6265d.jpg</div>

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I've photographed this tree in the winter, and I also liked it on the smooth and gently rolling fields of emerging wheat. Solitary trees are one of my favorite subjects.</p><div>00aOjt-466803584.jpg.dd852bb45883defc08790ebe0186eb17.jpg</div>

<p>I had a couple of days at the Royal Windsor Horse Show last week.<br>

Here's the reason it's called Royal.<br>

7D + 100-400, 400 mm, 1/2500, f5.6, iso-400<br>

<a title="Royal Windsor Horse Show 2012 by Peter Meade, on Flickr" href=" Royal Windsor Horse Show 2012 src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7183802492_bb15f8aa42_z.jpg" alt="Royal Windsor Horse Show 2012" width="426" height="640" /></a></p>

<p>I spent Wednesday afternoon at Fort Leavenworth Kansas. I had hoped for some shots around the Stable area to capture those wonderful buildings. Well, there is now way too much modernization, too many Horse Trailer's parked and I just could not find any angle of the Stables interesting. But I did find these three interesting, if for nothing else, . . . "red brick & red tin" on these old supply buildings.<br>

Happy Thursday!</p>

<p> </p><div>00aOlB-466833584.jpg.dafad6172b53be89cd916695ef59d861.jpg</div>

<p>Nathan - I can definitely see you are improving. I would probably crop your shot a bit to fill up the frame with the subject. Although it would lose the detail of the foiliage at the bottom, I think it would look nice to crop just below the tail and a wee bit from the right to move the bird slightly off center. <br>

Robin S - I like it! Not quite sure if this is a night shot or daytime shot. Let us in on the secret.<br>

Lupo - Splendid shot, man! Great title.<br>

Stephen P - I really like the colors in this shot. I see many b&w shots like this; it's nice to see one so well done in color for a change.<br>

Randy S - Good blending of the three exposures. Has sort of an art deco appeal.<br>

Brad - How do you find the spot and then put the perfect subject in it? Love it!<br>

Peter M - Royal it is! Nicely done.</p>

<p>Not one of my strong suits, but a b&w portrait from this past weekend.</p>

<p> </p><div>00aOlV-466839584.jpg.e7cadfb370cbae9797f1104a0085492b.jpg</div>

<p>here's another one from the bevrijdingspop festival in Haarlem. Some more will be posted over the coming weeks..<br>

No idea who these are, i was just doing some mood shots of the market.<br>

5d2, 28-80 2.8-4.0 L. </p><div>00aOmC-466853684.jpg.4637cef14a163a54ee2c769d1d9b7afd.jpg</div>

<p>Great shots as always! <br>

Mine is of a reunited family. We have a feral mama kitty at work and knew she had kittens, but had not found them. Turns out they were in one of our work trucks that sits a bit. The guys that took the truck to the job site found the babies and it all made sense; mama had been yelling at me for a while and I didn't know why. </p><div>00aOmd-466871584.JPG.fc4868d9794e6ae02ffb919b197fc074.JPG</div>