Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #14

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq" rel="nofollow"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! Well, my Louisville Cardinals didn't bring home the National Championship, but the Kentucky Wildcats did. They are our biggest rival, but it's still good to see the trophy come home to the Bluegrass State. I got my hands on a 5D III this week, but no share-worthy photos yet; I'm sure we'll see it next week. For this week, I played with the 45 t/s late in the day with the horses in the back yard. Here's one of Radar. I saw that tornadoes ripped through Texas this week; I hope everyone here is safe. We'll be thinking about those down south. Let's see those photos!</p><div>00aELR-455553684.jpg.b805d03963b57ade91c4227c11d639f1.jpg</div>

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Nathan, I'm not much of a March Madness fan, but congrats to the Wildcats. I know you would have liked to see the Cards win. Interesting horse portrait.<br>

Scott, for a first serious attempt, you nailed it. Very nice shot of the Great White Egret.<br>

Jeff, reminds me of the Burlesque shows at the state fair from many years ago.<br>

Brad, terrific shot on so many levels I can't do it justice in a one liner.<br>

Robin, those totem poles are so nicely carved and painted. Great job of capturing their spirit.<br>

Phil, once again, you made me pause on this one for a good while. Lighting is really nice.</p>

<p>I was in San Diego last week, with little time for photography, but managed to sneak in this night shot of the downtown skyline.</p>

<p> </p><div>00aEMK-455577584.jpg.36ff81c7089555b1baa2038ca8c28ec7.jpg</div>

<p>The English domestic cricket season started last weekend and I spent an icy day at The Parks, watching Oxford University play Glamorgan.<br>

7D+300/4+1.4x, ISO-500, 1/640, f5.6<br>

<a title="Sam Agarwal by Peter Meade, on Flickr" href=" Sam Agarwal src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/6886835314_234cdb4a2e_z.jpg" alt="Sam Agarwal" width="426" height="640" /></a></p>

<p>went to a favorite spot when i'm short on time and the sky looks interesting....and as usual in cleveburg five minutes before sunset the clouds were all but dissipated, killing what could have been......luckily my test shots were half decent</p><div>00aEOn-455641584.jpg.1c1ad1e5994e861fbe71474c55049b74.jpg</div>