Ilfochrome discontinued?

<p>Hi all,<br>

browsing the Ilford web site it seems that Ilfochrome (aka known as Cibachrome) is discontinued. Do you you know for sure if this is true or not? Probably it will be available for a limited, in fact (and luckily) I just have had some prints from my trusty lab in Italy but certainly I will miss it in the future.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Call them email them I do hate telling people second hand Knowledge that thing are frigged but as with Fuji U.S.A. don't bother.... They have no Idea.. Ilford though has always been straight up with me....</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Larry, you need a new keyboard (or less beer).</p>

<p>Yes, it is true. There was an official statement by the producer, Ilford Suisse.<br>

But the last production run has been quite huge. The material is still available, stocks should last until the next year. Some professional labs using Ilfochrome have stocked up as well to serve their customers for a longer time.<br>

If you want to use Ilfochrome, than now is the time to go for it.</p>

<p>As with all things we still have horses but we will only have limited Ciba/Ilford Chrome. I used to remember self flashing the paper to tone down contrast in the 70s then later it was sold preflashed.<br>

Scanning and RA prints took over and I still don't get the Huge Inkjet printers but I used to enlarge a 35mm to 20x24 and do it in a homemade tank from Black PVC pipe.</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

<p>I tried to order chemicals at a german provider (fotomayr.de). The problem is that they cannot ship chemicals outside of Germany. So I will pick it up personally or ask a local shop near my living place to order. Some contacts with the provider for the Benelux (beukelaer) learned me that chemicals are still available, but paper at other sizes than 20x25cm are disappearing.<br>

It really is a pity that this unique paper in its kind has disappeared.<br>

Thanks anyway for the responses.<br>

Gerber van der Graaf</p>