Nikon Wednesday 2012: #10

Matt Laur

<p>Greetings to all of you Nikonians, wherever you are in the world!<br /> <br /> I had a really busy night last night. You will never believe what happened to me. I was called to the White House to make photos of The Predisent! Yes, it is true! He had seen my work on the Internet and had always wanted his photo portraits done in colors. What can I say, the man was very nice and he too was a true animal lover. We had a lot to talk about. The president was very pleased with the photos. He especially liked the one I am posting in this week’s thread. I even got his approval to post it. And what do you know, this portrait was chosen to be on a coin! Matt, is that a co(in)incidence or what!<br /> <br /> So many great photos from all of you this week. Just to name a few: Christopher T’s heart, Elliot B’s kid in action, Martin Z’s pastry chef, Rich D’s owl, Wayne W’s photographer with the right focus!, Kent S’s water splashing abstract, John R’s dogs, as always (a true model that Hattie), Wade R’s orchid macro, Doug S’s hummingbird (impressive, how do you do that?), Claudia W’s windsurfer shot (great timing and expression of that surfer), Chris W’s great shot of a beautiful daughter and Jonathan P’s safety notice, really touching.<br /> <br /> About the photo of Abraham Lincoln, I took quite a few of them last night. The lighting was the tricky part, indeed. So there you go, The President as my first “real” model job with lighting. It was almost scary how he “came alive” when I adjusted the photo from all the scratches and the most “coinishy look”.<br /> <br /> Well, I have worked on him a little longer now, and somewhere down the line I changed him too much. I’ll have another go at it some other time. But it was fun!</p><div>00a712-448401584.jpg.dac0ea0c2089a2887a177c502f3b82cc.jpg</div>

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic