<p> It's true that film does still sell. I suppose it's just hard to make a go of it when it is not a growing thing. Once something goes flat or downward it causes havoc. I guess books are experiencing the same thing now with ebooks all the rage. </p>

<p>If I was running Kodak, and taking into account the huge blunders they've made over the last 20 years, I would now slim the company right down. I would sell off every part of their product line except film. Let's face it, film is the ONLY thing Kodak are good at and is the only part of their business that makes money. Yes, we all know film isn't going to be around forever but it will still be here for a long time if the manufacture, development and stable supply remains. 35mm is still probably the highest quality medium for movie makers. It's simple to use, has superb archival properties and can be re-mastered using future technology. Digital recordings cannot really be improved upon. Once you have X number of pixels, you'll always have X number of pixels.</p>

<p>If Kodak ploughed it's research budget into film instead of stupid inkjet printers we can all enjoy the benefits of improved emulsions for years to come. Yes, Kodak would become a very small company but it would remain a profitable and viable company for the future instead of the dying monster it is now.</p>

<p>Kodak thinks it is in the consumer electronics business but it is in the chemical and industrial materials business.</p>

<p>Kodak should be looking into expanding that side of their business. Films and coatings.</p>

<p>Imagine if Kodak invented a colorized film for coating automobiles. It would revolutionize the process and toxicity of painting cars and they could probably even do things like make the colors changeable with an electronic charge or by temperature.</p>

<p>I see Kodak as more a competitor to 3M than Canon or Apple.</p>