Blury Photos on a Canon 7D

karlee_brown

<p>"<em>My friend is going to help me figure out if I need to micro adjust the lens so hopefully we will figure it out</em>!"<br>

If you are still under warranty I would seriously think about sending the camera to Canon Service and have them check it out. Having to figure out back-focus issues on a $1500 camera is just plain ridiculous to me. I know there are tons of people that are very happy with their 7D's, but this is practically a brand new camera, meaning that all the bugs may not have been worked out yet.<br>

I have always been kind of leary about purchasing brand new Models no matter what the Hype, just for that reason. This goes back to purchasing Automobiles. It's always safer to purchase the second or third version of a product because by then, all the previous bugs have been worked out.</p>

<p>Warranty or not, there's <em>no</em> basis for sending it to Canon as yet - the problem may well be the lens, and that's why MFA exists. Canon can't help with the lens</p>

<p>Karlee's use of inappropriate focus modes isn't helping either.</p>

<p>Only after ruling <em>everything else </em>out is a trip to Canon a legitimate suggestion.</p>

>>> If you are still under warranty I would seriously think about sending the camera to Canon Service and

have them check it out.

That's what I'd do.

The reason I returned my 7D (and purchased a 5DII) was due to focusing issues producing unsharp images. And I'm definitely not in the

camp where sharpness drives my photography - far from that actually.

www.citysnaps.net

Sorry guys most if not all of these advices are given as if the photographer is having parkiston.

A normal point and shot will not encounter such a problem

I am shoring with 7 d from moving boat still I m getting sharp image

If you are getting sharp image indoor you should get it right out door too

Check your cam and if it still on warranty take it to canon for checking

My 7D is so sharp it's disgusting. Last week, I caught my 5D mark II trying to steal the 7D's lunch money.

All kidding aside, I would,encourage the OP to try again with a very simple test. Select the single AF point. Aim the

camera at a flat surface with good contrast. A sunlit brick wall would be a good candidate, or a sign with large letters with

clear edges. In Av mode set and aperture of f/5.6 or f/8. If the shutter speed is less than 1/200th second, double the ISO

until you reach that mark or above. No mirror lockup, no shutter delay, no live view.

See how that goes and get back to us with the test results.

<p>The focus magic did make it sharper but it looks pixely or grainy of some sort which I don't want because when I want to lets say make her eyes kind of pop, theres no way I can do that with a grainy picture because zoomed in the colors start to blend together. But thanks for all the tips guys.</p>

• 10 months later...

<p>Karlee you are not doing anything wrong, I have been doing similar work as yours for 9 years and have the same problem which I have not encountered before. Every part of your picture is blurry/grainy, nothing to do with focus. I took 82 inside pictures with the 7D Canon camera showing that the pictures were in focus and every one in varying degrees turned out like yours. I took pictures in the same location (Santa Photos) with Sony and Nikon camera's for the next 3 days with no such problems. Every part of every picture was the same, it is not focusing, it is the camera.<br>

If I find out anymore I will keep you posted. Allen.</p>