Is anybody stocking-up ?

<p>Basically, no. At the moment I just can't get my act together. I have rolls sitting here from as far back as 2006 when my grandmother passed away at 102. I have film, there will be film from somewhere. The problem now seems not to be the film, but me doing something with it.</p>

<p>I have to admit,I bought 4 rolls of Ektachrome 100VS from Amazon for the freezer and will get more as I can afford it. Maybe some Ektar 100 too. Still have lots of Gold 100/200/400 in the freezer but the colors that the Ektar and 100 VS were very impressive compared to digital . </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Worst case, their film and chemical devisions will be sold off probably to competitors for a song</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Hate to disappoint you, Kodak already sold off their chemical division in 1994 and they are doing very well. Kodak discontinued their black and white paper years ago but I believe that they are still producing color paper for darkroom use.<br>

Stocking up? No, already did that when they dropped Plus-X. Got 3 rolls of Arista Premium 100 (Plus-X) in the freezer and a 4th in the bulk loader. When I was in school we shot three films, Tri-X, Plus-X and Panatomic-X. 2 down, 1 to go.</p>

<p>Kodak's film business still makes money. Even if Kodak went bankrupt, they would sell the film business, not fold it. <br>

Someone will make film for a long, long time. Most likely, the Kodak lines will continue for at least 10 years. Polaroid folded because almost all of their market was eaten up by digital cameras, and the process cannot be scaled down too much before it becomes nonviable to a consumer market. <br>

Impossible has found a NEW market for polaroid process film- enthusiasts and retro hipsters who want a more physical and tangible medium. But they could never have corrected operations inside Polaroid's original market segment.</p>

<p> </p>