omega d6 questions about negative carriers

chris_douglas1

<p>Having just acquired a D6 and the ritual search for manuals, cleaning and adjusting is over, now I want to use it. However, it came with no negative carriers. <br>

First question: The negative stage is flat with no alignment pins, just a large round hole like the Beseler 23. But the negative holders on Ebay seem to have two notches in the side for alignment. Are negative holders for "the D series" suitable for the D6?<br>

Second question: Has anyone ever made an adaptor for Beseler holders? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard, then I could use all my Beseler holders too. Thanks for the help, and I'll let you know how the adapter comes out.</p>

<p>All of the D Series D2-6 can use the same carriers.</p>

<p>I have a D5 which does not have the pins but I use the carriers that have the cutouts for the pins. I think they stopped putting the pins on the negative stage after the ealry versions.</p>

<p>Here is a link to a great reference site; look at the various D models and you will see they all list the same carriers.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/">http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/</a></p>

<p>There are also various quality of carriers. Some have the pins to fit inside the round part so you can rotate the image around the center of its axis. There is also a conversion plate for using beseler carriers in a D enlarger. They are a bit expensive, but I have never had troubles just inserting them into the slot, with the exception of using my 4x5 Negaflat carrier, which takes a little jostling to sit level.</p>

<p>Yes. I don't know if fence is the correct term but I think people will get the concept. On my D5 the hole is rectangular.</p>

<p>Other holders I have are not positively located so I think, as you suggest, you just place it as best you can. Not hard to do though.</p>

<p>One good thing about them is you can rotate your negative very easily to compensate for crooked horizons.</p>

<p>Honestly, I haven't used this enlarger much since I got it - only twice. I need to build a larger darkroom</p>