minolta dimage scan dula IV

<p>Vishwanath, I purchased a used but pristine Minolta Scan Dual ll about 5 years ago for $100. I've never regretted that purchase. $400? No warranty? Tough call, but perhaps my experience will help you in your decision. Be sure to come back with some sample images should you decide to buy it. Best, LM.</p>

<p>Len, since the seller had this scanner for about a year as a back up scanner, its warranty expired; however, it is still brand new, unused. I looked around for this scanner for a week and never found it, but yesterday, I saw an add in ebay for this scanner and stupid enough to buy it immediately. Now I am regretting that paid so much. That's why trying to know if it's really worth $400.00. If you have some scanned images from this scanner can you post them here please. thanks</p>

<p>Vishwanath, The silver lining in your cloud of financial woe is that you now have a decent dedicated scanner. If it performs for you the way mine has done you'll eventually forget the arguably high price. Almost all the posts in my folders that were taken with 35mm film are from the Minolta Scan Dual ll. The rest (6x6's) were scanned with my Epson V500 or taken with a digital P&S Canon Power Shot. Info should be in the 'Details'. For both scanners I use the Vuescan software as I find it more user friendly than the bundled software. Your mileage may vary. Happy scanning. Best, LM.</p>

<p>I wouldn't worry about it. If you overpaid, you did not overpay by much, and there are advantages to a new in box item - for example, once you test it you'll know the optics will be clean and the bulb new. It's a really good scanner that will yield excellent images once you get the hang of the software (get Vuescan Pro) - just get a rocket blower to dust the negatives because it doesn't have ICE. I have one and recently upgraded to an Elite 5400 but the difference between thetwo is not as large as you'd think, and honestly I wouldn't have made the upgrade if I weren't confident I could sell one of the two off later if I wanted my money back.</p>