OK, which of you Canon shooters was doing a drop test?

Matt Laur

<p>You know who you are. The person who <strong><a href="http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/09/15/camera-lens-falls-from-sky-through-roof-of-petaluma-home/">dropped a lens through a nice lady's roof</a></strong> outside of San Francisco.<br /><br />And no, I don't think that's going to be warranty service (on the roof <em>or</em> the lens).</p>

<p>Petaluma -- FAR north of SF (like 30 miles on hwy 101).<br />Poor lady!<br />I've flown out of the tiny Petaluma airport with my Canon for photo sessions -- between Petaluma to Boonville, and from Petaluma to Cloverdale, Pt. Reyes, and over the GG Bridge loops.</p>

<p>Good Friends of mine at Petaluma airport: (neither shoot EOS)</p><div>00ZKxF-398777584.jpg.9c6f43e854debcc1d7be3c6b33e4f7f1.jpg</div>

<p>This will be a great test for the Dept. of Homeland Security. Can they track down the perpetrator of this heinous terrorist act? Can they actually trace the serial number back to the evil-doer? (I think not.)</p>

<p>A story from a friend of a friend who worked with an FBI office in DC: The FBI had been working feverishly for years to track down some high-profile na'er-do-well, at a cost of millions of dollars. They hired a new secretary, who spent a few minutes to look up the fugitive in the local phone book.</p>