What comes after the 7D?

Marvin

<p>Ummmmh , I did hear about some sniffings in the wind about the errrrr ... the Big Bad 8D?</p>

<p><em>(Cripes! I hope this is not the start of another inter-site rumour war. Who has the best rumours the earlist, juice-est and the fast-est of all non-provable possibilities?) Mind you, they were only sniffs about sniffings! :=)</em></p>

<p>I think Canon will revive the '3' and the 3D would be a killer camera. It would have to be FF, right? <br>

The 7D is *so* successful though Canon will continue it in a Mk II release. The 7D is almost 2 years old now so another year or less for the Mk II release. <br>

Total guesses of course.</p>

<p>I too suspect the 7D moniker will stick and the Mark II badge will be the most significant change. The remaining features will move onto the next evolutionary step with a slightly faster CPU, a few more MPs, etc. Maybe more overlay patterns for the transmissive LCD. I want one with crop marks but we'll probably get a pulsating "Hello Kitty" logo instead.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Instead of an 8D as a successor to the 7D, would the number be 7D MKII or 6D?</p>

<p>One thing is usually true for me, what ever I buy new, in 1 to 2 months the next model will be out, lol. If I buy the 7D this week, the next version will be announced in October.</p>

<p>I have been saving my jingles for a 7D, almost there, and when I do, the new one should be out in a month! At my current rate of saving, I should be there some time next year.</p>

<p>So here is the deal folks, for all of you chomping at the bit for the next generation, put a pool together for my new 7D, and when I get it, the new 8D or 7DMKII or 6D, what ever they will call it should be announced and on the market shortly there after. LOL!</p>

<p> </p>

Cheers, Mark

<p>ok i'll get silly now and say that canon could do a collaboration with gaggia. Its true though unless your patient enough and happy with your current gear purchasing what you believe will suit your needs rather than wait is a good idea. I think both the 7D and 5DII are really well made cameras and will do the job although rumour has it. . .</p>

<p><em>The rumored convergence of the 1D and 1Ds lines would give you the FF 7D you're looking for at the price you're not.</em><br>

<em>Darn those guys at Canon ;)</em></p>

<p>I believe the 7D is a new model in the EOS line. Like the fast 1D is to the 1Ds models, likewise the 7D is to the 5D series.<br>

In terms of timing, both the 1dsIII and 5DII are in need of update than the 7D. So I do not expect a 7DII coming out ahead of the other two FF cameras. After all, there aren't any cropped camera that beats the 7D.Nikon's D300S is semi-pro but has nothing on the 7D due to age. The newer D7000 has higher relative ISO factor but in reality is unusable. It's not in the same class at all in every other department. More like a 60D competition.</p>