BestPricePhoto

<p>Apparently, BestPricePhoto is a supporter of this forum, so I ordered a D7000 from them on Saturday. All I have heard from them so far is an automated email confirming my order. My credit card still hasn't been charged. I could have gotten it in three days from Amazon for a little more money.</p>

<p>Have any of you ordered from them?</p>

<p>Jerry</p>

<p>Nope...I only order from Amazon.com, B&H, Adorama, and Hunts Photo and Video (my local shop).</p>

<p>I don't trust many sites, especially if its a deal that's too good to be true.</p>

<p>If your credit card hasn't been charged yet perhaps you could cancel your order and order from Adorama since that is the "Official" Photo.net store.</p>

<p>Regards,<br>

RS</p>

You need to be wary of online photography resellers. There are a bunch of threads on photo.net about places that aren't on the up and up. I think most folks tend to use B&H, Amazon or Adorama. I've used all of them and I've only had problems with Adorama. I don't think my problems with Adorama were specifically related to them trying to be deceitful. I believe it was just bad customer service. Anyway, there are a lot of other reputable online vendors besides these 3 but be careful out there. Just because you see an ad for a website on photo.net, it does not mean that they are a supporter of the site.

Good luck!

--Wade

<p>jerry, if i were you i would cancel that order immediately. just because an ad appears on photo net doesnt make them a legit operation. if there are any questions about an online retailer (e-tailer), it's usually a good idea to check them out on www.resellerratings.com. i'd be skeptical of any online store offering a d7000 for anything under $50 or $100 what B&H, Amazon and Adorama are offering. either it's a scam or they will try to upsell you, or both.</p>

<p>FWIW, i've never had any problems with ordering from adorama, who i trust implicitly. in the past,i've ordered everything from lenses to bags to memory cards from them, and they did an excellent job with an order i placed recently for several large prints, up to 20"x30". their customer service is usually top-notch, and if you ever do have a problem, their customer service rep Helen Oster frequents PN forums and usually can help smooth out any bumps in the road. she'll probably be contacting you shortly, i'd wager.</p>

<blockquote>

<p><em>Apparently, BestPricePhoto is a supporter of this forum...</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>What makes you think that? Because to the best of my knowledge they're not. An adserver may serve up one of their ads, but that in no way makes them a supporter of photo.net.</p>

<p>I am always very suspicious of any company (such as this outfit) that does not provide an actual physical street address in the "Contact us" or "About us" page. When a website retailer will only provide a phone number and/or an email address for contact, that does not leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling. It usually means they would prefer that you don't know where they are located. Furthermore, any company that charges a minimum restocking fee based on a percentage of the sale (such as this outfit) for a return is not one I would ever purchase from.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>There are only around 31 ratings but reading them made me slightly cautious.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>that would raise a red flag for me. i would also wonder if they are selling grey market cameras which are non-warrantable by nikon, even if they are legit. whenever i place a B&H, Amazon, or Adorama order, i get email verification within minutes, and notification as soon as it ships, along with tracking number.</p>

<p>Wade</p>

<p>I am so very sorry for any inconvenience or frustration caused by our Customer Service Representative, who, from your description, was unable to serve you as you quite rightly should have expected. I do regret that he did not, and apologize.<br /> If you would like to email me with additional identifying information, I will ensure that his manager takes whatever action is necessary to ensure that this will not happen again: Helen@adorama.com</p>

<p>Helen Oster<br /> Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Apparently, BestPricePhoto is a supporter of this forum,</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The are not a site sponsor directly. It's possible that they appear on PN through Pricegrabber, which is a PN partner. But we do not have any relationship with them in any direct way.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I would highly advise against going with Best Price Photo and buy from a more repuatable company.<br>

Yeah, sure, they have low prices - but what they'll do is call you back and play bait and switch games with you. Test it yourself, give them a call and see if they'll ship you the item as advertised - I tried it and they just said the item was no longer in stock.</p>