Canon Thursday Photo 2011:#32

nathangardner

<p><a href=" Ashley src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6021/6012351881_fb71c77e85_z.jpg" alt="Ashley" width="427" height="640" /></a><br>

<strong>Ashley</strong></p>

<p id="yui_3_3_0_3_13131067820551262">Camera: Canon EOS 7D<br />Lens: Canon EF-S17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM<br />Exposure Program: Manual<br />Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)<br />Aperture: f/20.0<br />Focal Length: 17 mm<br />ISO Speed: 100<br />Exposure Bias: 0 EV<br />Flash: Off, Did not fire</p>

<p id="yui_3_3_0_3_13131067820551265">Strobe: Single 200ws strobe with a 16" beauty dish high and slightly camera left. Triggered with a Calumet wireless RF trigger.</p>

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Another this week from the water - Wabamun Lake, Alberta with my thirteen year old son Eric. <br /> James D - Amazing hive photo, are you sure you don't have some National Geographic blood pumping through your veins ;)<br /> Arie - superb job on the northern lights, brings back some memories.</p>

<p>*Edit - photo info auto filled on me; should be f/7.1, ISO100, 1/800 sec - not that it matters much</p><div>00ZAxp-388859584.jpg.c7da2ec1d07ddf50fe5a16141b8e84d9.jpg</div>

<p>I was out of town so I am late to this party:</p>

<p>This is a pretty Lake Tahoe sunset at Sunnyside on Tuesday night.<br /> EOS 7D + 24-70 at 30mm, ISO 400, f/3.2<br>

(Dean -- you sure know how to make pretty girls even prettier -- talented photographic flattery indeed)</p><div>00ZBhC-389677884.jpg.d584febe2123d84e2ab196112244e744.jpg</div>

<p>Way late this week, but I see there has been lots of really fine representation. That wasp close up really makes my skin crawl James. Arie's steady hands and IS did catch a wonderful light show indeed. Just starting to go through my captures of a week on the Northern California coast. Here is a little diddy I took in the town of Mendocino, on Thursday.</p><div>00ZBnU-389825584.jpg.f6702704d4bc6a49f9c763316c726c32.jpg</div>

<p>Wow, how did it get to be Wednesday evening already? Okay, here's my take on a few of the photos that caught my eye (either good or bad) this week...</p>

<p>@ Nathan - I like the lighting for the ring shot, and focus/DOF is perfect...but the beer can in the background throws me off a bit. <br>

@ James Dean - Super macro shot of the wasp!<br>

@ Louis Meluso - I still have my Elan 7e. Haven't put a roll of film through it in quite a while. Nice composition, good colors.<br>

@ Jeff Spirer - I always find your shots intriguing. They leave me with questions: is she dancing/singing/both? And the mask?<br>

@ David Huff - Well lit portrait shot of the vulture. Interesting subject.<br>

@ Hadi Khademi - Twins! The blue sky and cloud background add a nice touch to this one.<br>

@ Michael Dulac - I like the shot...how would it look with a little more late sun on the barns?<br>

@ Dick Arnold - Perfect exposure. Nice!<br>

@ thom polimeros - Love the composition on this shot. The driftwood "seamonster" is slightly distracting; takes my attention away from the couple.<br>

@ Michael Elenko - Looks like an exploding firework. Good lighting.<br>

@ Shawn Shawhan - Putting that new 5DII to good work, I see. I have some flight line shots of the Blue Angels but nothing this good!<br>

@ Pete Ferling - I like everything about this shot. Composition and lighting are nearly perfect. I might have cropped out a bit of the upper part of the shot to get rid of the A/C registers.<br>

@ Dean Schreuder - Lighting is very nice. Great looking model. Love her expression.<br>

@ Philip Wilson - Interesting "football" ceiling from that fisheye!<br>

@ Lupo - Hey, now that's a little different one from you. Colors, exposure, DOF just perfect (as usual).<br>

@ Laura Weishaupt - welcome to Canon Thursday and your first photo post. <br>

@ Ken Papai - The colors in this shot give it a very surreal look.<br>

@ DL Anderson - I really like the bright red mixed in with the yellow and green. Makes me want to sit on that bench for a while to take it all in.</p>

<p>As a side note, I sure miss Brad's contributions; some of the best street photography I've seen here. Anyone know why he is AWOL? Too busy with the Tenderloin project? I hope he has not fallen ill.</p>

<p>Thank you all for sharing your photos each week. Such a talented group of folks here! I'm finding my time somewhat limited, so if I didn't comment on your photo this week, don't despair, there's always next Canon Thursday right around the corner.</p>

<p> </p>