Jobo 4323 vs. Yankee Tank 4x5 vs HP Tank

<p>a friend offered me a Jobo 4323 with two rolls for 4x5 sheets for 110$<br>

btu I'm indecise is I have ot go for it or get the Yankee tank or HP tank that go for lower money...<br>

actually money is no biggie, given is onyl 30/40 bucks differnece and hopefully they last years... so i watn the best/better solution, and easy to use, less error-prone..<br>

so far i have been using a roller drum 8x10, wich can handle 4 sheets at time with 350ml of chemicals, sofar so god, but 4 sheets a time means to repeat the process mannytime if i have 30 sheets to develop...</p>

<p>whereas the jobo with two rolls means 6+6 films..<br>

bottom line..suggestions based n experience are appreciated</p>

<p>I have used both the HP and the Jobo tank and reel system, and I would definitely go with the Jobo. My system involves a Unicolor roller (made for color print drums) and the two reel Jobo tank. This allows you to use less chemistry than you otherwise would for the full twelve sheet load. One caveat: When I first got the Jobo, I had problems with streaks when used with the roller. When I contacted the distributor, I got two pieces of advice which eliminated the streaks: First, dilute the developer enough to get at least a ten minute developing time. I worked out a custom dilution for HC 110 and 4x5 Tri-X sheet film. Second, remove the Jobo tank from the roller and agitate it by inversion for 5 seconds each minute. 5000 sheets later, I am still happy with this set up.<br>

The HP will work, but be extremely careful with the little plastic piece that holds the film in place at the top after you have loaded it into the slots. It is very delicate and essential to being able to invert the tank for agitation.</p>

<p>I have used the Yankee/FR chemical slosher, the eventually will fill or drain HP Combi, and the Jobo works the way I want/wish I had bought it first.</p>

<p>The 2502 reel is adjustable for 35mm, 45mm, and 120/220 film. The 1500 series will not fit onto the center rod of the 2500 tank. I do not know about the older numbering system.</p>

<p>The attached PDF is the complete multi-language booklet that came with my 2500 series tanks in the mid 1990's.</p>