Lense choices

perry_cas

<p>Not quite sure which forum to ask this question, but i have a 5d and my longest lense is the 100mm very infrequently i feel the need for a longer lense. A PRIME. Lets say a 300mm, or more and maybe a converter. I would be using it for landscape applications with a tripod. I realise there are no miracles, I am happy to use it manually. As i wont be using it very often I dont want to tie up a lot of money in it. A subjective amt I realise. I was considering a 600 sigma cat. but seems to mixed posts on these.<br>

Anyway, anyone suggest anything in the nature of a bargain given my parameters? </p>

<p>I'd save your money, go without take away or a restaurant meal and that barista coffee on the way to the office and buy a 300/4L IS and a x1.4 tele extender. They’re not really that expensive?<br>

Neither will go bad and both will give you more joy than that coffee . . . and after purchased you can go back to the coffee, well if you have enough time as you will be playing with the 300mm lens more often than you expect, I think.<br>

WW</p>

• 2 weeks later...