Nikon Wednesday Pic 2011: #20

Matt Laur

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Happy Wednesday all. I'm a bit late, worked more hours than possible in the day yesterday. Anyway, I have a suspicion that 100 years ago caterpillars were gathering in the same type cocoons as today. Here's one that caught my attention imaged with the trusty D200, ISO 125, Nikkor 400mm 3.5 ED-IF Ais @ f5.6. Lovin' the pups and the tulip farmers, wish I was there Howard.</p>

<p>I am enjoying the Wednesday sampling as always. These are the ones that particularly caught my attention:<br /><br />Bill J Boyd, the junkyard car gets attention, good subject for manipulated colors<br />Jennifer Meighan, great portrait of your daughter<br />Jana Hughes, another great portrait with red boa<br />Darren Hoglund, I've shot the same flower, and I like your color and treatment<br />Jeannean Buglady, great flying heron<br />Markku Vihava, water drops on the flower<br />Greg Kowalczewski, dove about to land<br />Miha Hadl, very crisp rooster head<br />Aguinaldo de Paula, Zabriskie Point in black and white<br />Bob Dein, the house and garden in Isle of Hope, GA<br />Kent Shafer, that a fabuous father-and-baby portrait<br />Ray Gosalia, this building interior draws my attention<br />John Harper, great peony blossom opening up<br />Jon Eckman, I like the portrait, and a photographer in the background!<br />Shun Cheung, the hummingbird is great, almost too good to be believable in this age of PP magic<br />Dmitri Popov, another beautiful plant image<br />Francesco Pessolano, great action shot of break dancing<br />Nicolaie Costel, mother and baby portrait<br />Curt Weinhold, Bear Run Falls... Isn't this the creek at Fallingwater?</p>

<p>Thank You! <strong>Kris Bochenek, Larry Dunn & Sebastian Moran </strong>for liking and commenting on my submission this week. </p>

<p>submissions this week caught my attention, and best of all congratulations to all submitting images for Wednesday's thread.</p>

<p>Jennifer Meighan -- beautiful portrait of a young lady<br />Caillum Smith -- liked the open space and clouds<br />Jeannean Buglady -- beautiful capture of flying herons and with 1.4x teleconverter it's sharp and nice<br />Greg Kowalczewski -- clean and sharp, perfect timing to capture this image<br />Rick Dohme -- beautiful liked her expression<br />Kent Shafer -- what a moment captured by grandfather<br />Jon Eckman -- sharp and nice portrait with an expression<br />Shun Cheung -- nicely done, like your Hummingbird images<br />Wayne Ervine -- beautiful portrait of a beautiful woman<br />nicolaie costel -- wow... really nice</p>