Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #11

nathangardner

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I usually have my camera with me when I take the ferry home from the office. This is Chevron's Oregon Voyager, nearly empty and riding high sailing towards the Bay Bridge and a temporary anchorage in the bay a few mile south of here. It's a medium sized tanker, double-hulled, built in 1999. <em>(posting this while drinking a Guinness and my 1/8th Irish heritage on St. Paddy's Day)</em><br /> Photo: 3/14/11, EOS 7D, 27-70 at 70mm, ISO 200, 1/1250, f/5. Centered-weighted ave. metering, Av mode.</p><div>00YPXW-340219584.jpg.36e7f015507f258545ea5206c8b32f0d.jpg</div>

<p>Dean, that lens I used is is a Nikon mount with a converter. There is no electrical connection between the lens and body so the lens related EXIF info is bogus.<br>

I've been wishing for a quality 200-500 zoom from Canon for a long time. I don't even have auto aperture with this lens now, let alone auto focus or (gasp!) IS. I await that new 100-400+1.4 I hope it isn't going to be silly-expensive.</p>

<p>Jim said:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I await that new 100-400+1.4 I hope it isn't going to be silly-expensive.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>LOL!</p>

<p>If you thought might be expensive before, now with the quake and tsunami it'll likely be grounds for divorce by the time we get it.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Dean, that lens I used is is a Nikon mount with a converter.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Ah... ok. :)</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p>LOL!<br>

If you thought might be expensive before, now with the quake and tsunami it'll likely be grounds for divorce by the time we get it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I thought the same thing! lol!</p>