discontinued Arista Ortho film

jack_welsh

<p>Noticed that Freestyle no longer carries Arista Ortho sheet film<br>

They use to have a very thin (think it was Arista APHS that became Arista II) that could be cut into rolls for discontinued roll films. Have several 116-616 124 and 130 cameras that I would rather make my own film rolls than to go the 1 sheet film taped to a super thin birch plywood route. Does anyone know if they will bring the film back. Or, know of another sheet film that is flexible enough to turn into roll film? Don't want to use 120 film for the 116-616 camers.</p>

<p>Robert Vonk may be able to help you here. Last time I talked to him he still had some of the Foma . It used to be pretty cheap when J&C was around and Freestyle was selling it at about double the price. You may want to check with European dealers and with Freestyle as it may be a specialty order protect.</p>

<p>Jack, <br>

You can still get microfilm in 105mm rolls that you can slit down to any size you need. I slit it down for my Kodak 3A. Surplushed.com has some old Kodak ortho copy film that is 105mm wide. It works fine in camera at about 25 ASA. Best thing is you can slit it in red light instead of a totally dark as you have to handle the microfilm.<br>

</p>

<p>one fact I have found. That the old large negative cameras are great fun for some photos of family and friends. Spent $35.00 on a (new) in box roll of Super-X in 130 on ebay. Just so I would have the backing paper and film spool. Going to have Dyanes in Kansas develope it. Don't expect too much. But, have nothing that size to develope it with.</p>