The last frame of Kodachrome...

<p>One datum point on Dwayne's turnaround time: My last roll arrived at Dwayne's on 12/28. I got an email notice that it was shipped a few minutes ago via USPS. I'm guessing I'll see it next week. </p>

<p>Your milage may vary.</p>

<p>I sincerely appreciate the on-the-scene reporting from Dan Bayer and the thoughtful comments in this thread.</p>

<p>My last roll arrived on Jan 3rd at 6:30am. I don't expect it to come back for a few weeks as it was probably one of the last rolls sent through processing. My 4 rolls sent on Friday Dec 24th came back this past week. All look terrific and I've already scanned some of them.<br>

I did get my Kodachrome T-Shirt the other day though.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Was 828 ever made in K14?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Kodachrome 25 was made in 828 size. I sent in one roll of this a few months back, and it came back mostly magenta. (Hey, it was 36 years out of date, what do you expect.) Funny thing is, along with the KM828 I also sent in two paks of KR126 of similar vintage, and they came out great.</p>

<p>The roll I sent on 12/29 (got there an hour and a half before the original deadline) was cut-down PKR120.</p>

Since it's "official" death in 2010, Kodachrome has thus far generated over a quarter of

a million in processing fees alone...and while the K-14 machine remains only on

necessary life support, we are only within days I suspect untill it's final end. It is so

interesting to see the numbers as they continue to climb and how sad it is for Kodak

that even the revenue generated in Kodachromes final-push of 2010 and 2011 will

likely be considered profitable. I wonder what will become of the K-14 machine and if

Dwayne's will bottle any remaining samples of the K-14 chemistry? I doubt they will

want to and I imagine there is really no reason to do so.

<p>And the ebay sales of Kodachrome are still going on, one person paying $240 for a bunch of Kodachrome movie film...</p>

<p>It appears that some people are speculating that processing will crop up somewhere...interesting...but I don't think it will.</p>

<p>I shot my final roll of K-64 on Dec. 29 and overnighted it via FedEx, along with three other rolls. Still no sign of my film but I'm not too worried.<br>

I really hope they turned out though, I promised a photo story of my last roll of Kodachrome when it comes back. Yikes.<br>

dan c</p>

<p>A friend, who had some photo credits with National Geographic in the '80s, told me it was his understanding that National Geographic had a K-14 machine of their own. Can anybody verify this statement? </p>

<p>It wouldn't seem logical for them to run a big K-14 line, whereas it might be logical for them to have either an E-6 or E-4 small machine, such as might have been found in a local photography store. </p>

<p> </p>

• 3 weeks later...