Color calibration, Q and suggestions please.

<p>Ended up buying the Dell UltraSharp U2311H!<br>

So I am looking for suggestions for an entry level Colorimeter and software (do i need anything else?) to pair it up to the Dell UltraSharp U2311H.</p>

<p>Is the monitor calibrated to a specific computer or just calibrated to itself? Wondering if i could some how have the monitor calibrated by some one local and then thats it.... </p>

<p>Out of the box the colors are more saturated then my two laptop monitors.... I had received comments that my pictures were to saturated so it would make sense that my two monitors were under saturated.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>spider3 pro or elite.</p>

<p>eye 1 display 2 (my favorite)</p>

<p>Yes the monitor is calibrated for your system, video card etc... so if you bring the monitor to another computer, you will have to redo the calibration when you hook it back to yours. Someone can certainly calibrated your monitor with is device, but if you are a bit serious about color management you need to do it at least once a month.. so a 300$ pay for itself very quickly.</p>

<p>Until you calibrated your monitor anything is possible... even those who told you that your image where to saturated.. do they have a calibrated monitor to look at your file?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I don't mean to hijack the thread, just looking for some clarification... I am shopping for a monitor calibrator also. I recently decided to purchase the U2410.<br>

I have done some research and found that the <strong>Spyder3Elite</strong> and the <strong>Eye 1 Display 2</strong> seem to be the two most popular higher-end calibrators... Is there much of a difference between these two? Is one better than the other? Or is this pretty much like a Nikon vs Canon question?<br>

Thank you!</p>