What is the name of this phobia?

steven_p

<p>I always laugh at myself when I do this.</p>

<p>"I'm going to go somewhere to get out and click a few. What do I need to take?"<br>

For assignment specific stuff, it's much easier. (I'm talking a quiet afternoon in the country.)</p>

<p>Does anyone else go through "The Inventory Drill?"</p>

<p>I've found that a pre-loaded bag with a wide and tele zoom, (skip the middle?) a macro, batteries and cards, and yes, don't forget the pod, I'm good to go. I forget my troubles and might get a few keepers. On panic stricken times, the Kitchen Sink Monster Bag can sleep in the car.</p>

<p>Is there a Doctor in the House?</p>

<p>Yep,<br>

Always!</p>

<p>Everytime I try to "lighten the load" like say leave the TC's behind or the 3 way head, . . . well, thats what I should have had! Well, . . . it's a good excuse anyway!</p>

<p>The name of this phobia, . . . "Photography"</p>

<p>I tried the one body one lens a few times except I that is when I inevitably wish I had brought a different lens with me. Now on lite days it's one body and two lenses. I still find That the lens of preference for at least a couple of the shots, is usually at home or in the car. I thought it was just me with this phobia of not having what I need with me Maybe I'm not nuts ...... well maybe </p>

<p>I'm compulsive about carrying as little as possible. Sometimes I'll just take a body and a superzoom, especially when going to the park or boardwalk or on family outings. I seldom carry more than one body, three lenses, and a small flash (usually my SB-400 size Sunpak RD2000).</p>

<p>If I do the one body/one lens approach its only in the yard where I can quickly get back to the gear bag. I'm the same way, I take everything. If I go out to shoot a sunrise landscape I'll take evrything else too. If I left my telephoto at home that Pileated Woodpecker would come land right in front of me, but since I never forget it never happens.</p>

<p>The last time I packed for a trip, I made sure that the charge cord and charger was in a little zing bag in the suitcase. And guess what, I still went nuts trying to find the darn thing several times. I vowed to buy color coded bags even, but alas, they would still get buried under socks and skivvies. In short, I know that feeling.</p>

<p>For trips down country roads I throw most everything into the truck. I have missed some great opportunities by not doing that. Working the street, a portrait, or an event are different and I can tailor what I take for the shoot but on the back roads you never know what your going to run into.</p>

<p>It's an aspect of obsessive-compulsive disorder. I go out to shoot and take a camera ... and a spare, just in case ... and a third one in case the first two break down. Plus a flashgun ... and a spare ... and a third, just in case. Plus coax leads, slave triggers, tripod, batteries (3 x 4 AA packs), a 10 pack of film. Photographers suffer from a fear of not having enough gear - not enough cameras, not enough lenses, not the right kind of lenses, not enough lights, not big enough lights ... and so it goes on, so that when I go out to take a photograph I look like a travelling circus. </p>