So sad that Kodachrome has gone.

<p>I've only shot one roll, one other roll I messed up the manual focus camera loading, thought it would of been nice to shoot with that. That had family photo's so feels so bad. </p>

<p>I've never shot Kodachrome before but having seen my shots and the shots made by others, it's a very classical look. It reminded me of my childhood photographs. Despite Kodak's advise, E100G comes no where like Kodachome, E100G is just too modern. </p>

<p>I can understand in the 21st century even before digital really hit out, many preferred the modern looking film but Kodachrome just looks special. </p>

<p>I wished I bought a pro pack and shoot more of it the last 12 months. </p>

<p>Chris is right on - as soon as they (Kodak) announced the end of it - followed by labs saying they were stopping processing - the available stock disappeared. </p>

<p>Like everything else in life - we don't know what we've got til it's gone.... </p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>For many of us, the really sad day was in 2001 when Kodachrome 25 was discontinued.</p>

<p>K64 was never the same to me, though I will grant that there were lots worse films around. By 2004, I was mostly shooting color negative film and scanning, and then I went digital after a foggy (on the film) trip to Berlin that year.</p>

<p>At least Ektachrome, Velvia or Provia are still transparency film, imperfect as they are. You would be wise to support them lest they get discontinued as well.<br>

I too had wished that I had the opportunity to shoot Kodachrome in the last year, but as Chris mentioned, prices were ridiculously high. Let those detestable hoarders be damned. I think many of them are stuck with unsold stock indeed. I hope they have suffered a financial setback from it. </p>

<p>Yes it was a sad time when I got my last K25 from B&H. Kodachrome's demise was hastened by the photo magazines that touted various fuji films. I had used K25 in one body and K200 in another for when light faded. Many personal favorites are on Kodachrome, so it is sad to see it go. Kodak is not Coca-Cola, so I don't expect to see Kodachrome Classic show up. Still if it did, I'd be nearly first in line.</p>