fuji superia 400 36 roll exposure discontinued?

<p>I'm a little distressed to find that B&H says that the fuji superia/press 400 in 36 exp is discontinued? I like 36 rolls but the only ones readily available now seems to be all 24 rolls.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/18443-USA/Fujifilm_CH_135_36_Fujicolor_Press_Superia.html">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/18443-USA/Fujifilm_CH_135_36_Fujicolor_Press_Superia.html</a></p>

<p> FWIW, i can get loads of these films from ebay from this vendor who sells them with no expiration date, so likely it could be years out of date.<br>

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/12-FUJI-COLOR-FILM-400-36-EXP-SUPERIA-X-TRA-35-MM-CH135-/400175413311?pt=US_Camera_Film&hash=item5d2c50383f#ht_720wt_1139">http://cgi.ebay.com/12-FUJI-COLOR-FILM-400-36-EXP-SUPERIA-X-TRA-35-MM-CH135-/400175413311?pt=US_Camera_Film&hash=item5d2c50383f#ht_720wt_1139</a></p>

<p>can someone from B&H confirm that this film in 36 exp is no longer made by fuji?</p>

<p>i would be fine with that....problem seems to be that walmart sells only 24 exp...b&h was the only place i could find selling 36 exp of the 'cheap' superia 400...but now seems gone? only available are the pro400 in 36.... would b and h consider importing 36 exp of superia?</p>

<p>I'm not sure there are even any any Fuji products I want anymore - no Superia 400 in 36, whatever happened to Superia 200 and 800 - the only ones I'd want that are available are 800Z and Reala but I was under the impression they were discontinued 6 months ago. I'm not going to shoot 24-rolls of Superia when for the same price per shot (film plus developing) or less (if I get scans from the lab) I could shoot 36-rolls of Portra!</p>

<p>Yes, Fuji has been quietly discontinuing a lot of product of late.<br>

Why so many?<br>

Keep in mind that, in addition to silver, the production of panchromatic B&W and color film requires the use of rare earth metals - most of which are produced and exported by China.<br>

If you've followed the news of late, you'll recall that China suspended shipments of rare earth metals to Japan from late September until late November. While the embargo was in place, Japan's Ministry of International Trade and Industry became very involved to ensure that critical industries would receive inventory from available stockpiles. According to TV JAPAN, FujiFilm and a couple of other manufacturers were asked to sell off inventories of Osmium, Iridium, and Indium to battery manufacturers.<br>

So it is possible that FujiFilm has found itself "crowded out" and unable to manufacture some of their former catalog.</p>

<p> With film you just never know what is going on. There is no chance I am going to shoot 24 exposure rolls of 35mm film. The processing and mailing costs are the same and it's already to expensive to shoot film anyway. In this case I am not affected because I do not use Fuji films any longer anyway. </p>

<p>unfortunately freestyle is not so good for me when you factor in the instate tax and high shipping cost. of all the films to be discontinued, 36 exp of the most popular 400 mass market brand makes no sense....</p>

<p>why is it that just a few threads back there was a thread saying all 12 and 24 exp would be phased out...that kinda makes sense but now it seems you can only buy up to 24 exp a roll??</p>

<p>Fujifilm USA lists "Fuji x-tra 400" in 24 and 36 rolls. I guess that is a different film the "fujicolor Press" but that is all they list. BHPhoto has the X-tra Superia 400 in 24 exp rolls only. However like I said before I have no idea what is current or not. I just look at whatever BHPhoto is selling and go with that. On another thread BHPhoto mentioned that they do not know what is going on all the time either. Some films are backordered and some films are not available and they do not necessarily know why. I know Kodak was going to come out with the new Portra film last month in 35mm and it is still not around. If you go to the Kodak web page it does not give you any idea when it will be around. I gave up waiting for it and re-supplied with some other stuff. I thought I would shoot b/w for a while and see how that goes.</p>

<p>You can't take what B&H sells as an indicator of what Fuji is making. That said, I'm pretty much giving up on Fuji as I'm sick and tired of this company not having the basic marketing intelligence to come out on ONE website (not 27 different country websites all conflicting) telling us "Here's our current film list." See....isn't that easy? A garden gnome can do better with a list taped to it's nose than a multi-million dollar company with droves of marketing "experts." </p>

<p>Go use Kodak's new Portra 400. It's a better film in some ways than the Fuji product....and Kodak is open with what they make.</p>

<p>you are referring a pro grade film to replace a cheap but good film,in which case i can also get pro 400h (fyi superia 400 was 2.25 a roll and portra and fuji pro400h is 5.99 a roll)....FWIW ultrafine seems to carry superia 400 in stock...not sure how fresh they are though<br>

it would be helpful if someone from b&h could shed some light on whether this film is really been discontinued or not</p>

<p>is press pro and superia consumer?</p>

<p>my view is that fuji has been discontinuing films silently, how could they not as a business. i think that if we see 400 is gone, they may consolidate 800 for single use cams, they still have 400 ProH and 800 ProZ isn't it, not sure b/c fuji doesn't say anything. i view again that would be consolidated to just one high speed pro C41. </p>