Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #13

nathangardner

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Some great photo's this week again, hopefully we will break the three digits!<br>

I didn't get out much this past week, and this is certainly not much of a keeper except for its historical value.<br>

In August 1900 a "Liquor Crazed Murderous Doctor" from Farley Missouri in Platte County had killed his Uncle & Mother-In-Law. Being pursued by the Platte County Sheriff who caught up with the Doctor here in front of the Farley Merchantile, the Doctor fatally shot the Sheriff, and in turn was killed by the Sheriff's son.<br>

This is still the original building, but its days are numbered having been closed for some time now, and not of high priority historical value.</p><div>00XhkI-303481584.jpg.e87467d489360918e5bf0f71b188bae5.jpg</div>

<p>(Nathan: 1/20 sec. @ 400mm? IS is astounding!)</p>

<p>My wife & I were out hiking last Saturday morning and these leaves were "glowing" in the dark forest trail we were on. The purple stem really added a ton to the image. I do not know what this plant is. <br>

7D, 16-35, ISO 400, f/3.5 on the Willis Evans Canyon Trail above Woodacre, Calif.</p><div>00Xhki-303485584.jpg.a8120f83d79969991f618963e2d0739d.jpg</div>

<p>Down to Pigeon Point last Saturday evening for the annual lighting of the fresnel lens, along with the rest of the photography lemmings. The weather was clear, still and balmy.. too clear for the light beams to show up really well. Another example of what we have to put up with in California.<br /><br />5D2, 16-35 f2.8L @ 17mm f3, 10 sec, ISO 400, a little Shadow & Highlight tool to bring up the light beams.</p><div>00XhlJ-303497784.jpg.341b44f880b17451b7f8a07e417741cb.jpg</div>

<p>B Christopher,<br>

Thanks! It is a new-ish residential building in Chicago. I'm standing at the base along the sidewalk looking straight up. Balconies are receding and the object in the middle is a decorative light. The balconies themselves have a glass or plexiglass surround and the polarizing filter enhanced the reflections they pick up.</p>

<p>Rob Bernhard, Ah! I see it now. Initially, I stared at it for quite sometime and still couldn't understand it. I could only see the image created in a horizontal view, not the vertical view that it is. But, that was only my brain's limitation and not the image, of course! It's satisfying to know what I am looking at, but it was fun not knowing too.</p>

<p><a title="Funktion @ Bell's by Dean Schreuder, on Flickr" href=" Funktion @ Bell's src="http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1257/5177415907_dd274bc9ee_z.jpg" alt="Funktion @ Bell's" width="640" height="427" /></a></p>

<p><strong>The band Funktion performing at Bell's Brewery & Beer Garden, Downtown, Kalamazoo, MI.</strong><br /><br />Camera: Canon EOS 50D<br />Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)<br />Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority<br />Aperture: f/1.8<br />Focal Length: 50 mm<br />ISO Speed: 2000<br />Exposure Bias: 0 EV<br />Flash: Off, Did not fire</p>