Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #12

nathangardner

<p>I hope it's all right if I post a picture a camera from the "Other Brand", but I just got it and was playing with some lights. Vivitar 3900 through diffuser above camera, Powershot G3 built in flash at camera left @ 2/3 power.<br>

Canon XTi, 10s @ f/10, 18-55 IS @ 55, ISO 100</p><div>00Xfdf-301447584.jpg.8022c51ef06d8ca87fca8ff3a6215e61.jpg</div>

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Joel, just get Picasa. Makes it easy to resize photos. And Wayne is correct; that is a Hawker Hurricane. In fact, the exact same one as pictured here...</p>

<p><a href="http://www.airmuseumsuk.org/airshow/2004/Rougham2004/800/pages/316%20Hawker%20Hurricane%20XIIa%20Z5140%20G-HURI%20HAC.htm">http://www.airmuseumsuk.org/airshow/2004/Rougham2004/800/pages/316%20Hawker%20Hurricane%20XIIa%20Z5140%20G-HURI%20HAC.htm</a></p>

<p>It seems this must be the week of "photographing the enemy." The Nikon POW thread has quite a few shots of Canons. Lots of great shots here and the site hasn't burned down yet so guess I did alright for this week. Thanks to everyone for all the good luck wishes. Now let's see some more photos.</p>

<p>OK -- it's late to comment by my standards for this Thursday cycle.<br>

<br /> My quick hits on several EOS photos that especially caught my eye for one reason or another (maybe good or bad?)<br />86 responses... 86? Not that many. A lot of shy EOS people I guess. Darn.<br /> <br />Nathan G - dog shaking water - perfect.<br /> Bueh - I've no idea was 'cos' is, but you always deliver interesting colorific shots.<br /> Mike D - my favorite portrait of yours the past many weeks, wow! (Beastie Boys Mike D in da house, yo!)<br /> Dan F. - cliche byt superb fall colors above that fence.<br /> Robin - Buddha's lie a spine down that diagonal. Excellent.<br /> DL A. - Wow oh wow! Tree/form/color. Like a fantasy.<br /> Dean - B&W guitar player - well done.<br /> Roger E - hummingbird close-up. :)<br /> David R - that tooth does it for me.<br /> Lalit - foggy landscape perfection, nicely framed too.<br /> Nick D - Mr. Stubbs the cat! Old grumpy puss!<br /> Rob B - again, just a few colors and that walk-by of the ped past the ad. Love it. Any explanation? This isn't a No Words forum.<br /> Rafael - LA City of Lights. Too cool man.<br /> Tomek - you nailed it, exotic looking HDR stuff. Surreal. Haunting. <strong><em>Psychedelic.</em></strong><br /> <br />Thanks again Nathan!<br />Cheers, Ken</p>

<p>Ken,</p>

<p>Absolut transformed at least one bus stop downtown Chicago recently for an ad campaign. There might be others but I happened upon this one during my walk. I stood across the street for a couple minutes (pedestrian traffic was light for some reason). I've got another one with a person on the other side which might be a bit more balanced but the photo was soft due to some camera shake on my part. (Trying to get the pedestrians to blur with a lens lacking IS isn't all that easy it turns out.) Thanks for the comment.</p>

<p>Edit: ah, apparently there are three shelters:<br>

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2010/absolut-bus-shelters/</p>