Have you guys seen this?

I freelanced for a couple years covering motorsports way back in my younger years and believe me their is very little money to be made at it.Too many people willing to work for peanuts and the love of the sport.So unless this guy is working for a major publication,I don"t know how he can risk such expensive gear.Maybe just another rich hoobyist indulging his passion.Lucky bastard!.

<p>Hmmmm... "Low shutter count. A few scratches as pictured. Lens is clear and fungus-free."</p>

<p>You wonder (or at least I wonder) whether it would be useful to set up a front-silvered mirror on the side of the track and have the camera safely a bit farther away from the track. But of course that's just me cheaping out.</p>

<p>Wow that's.... sad. He does take it extremely well. And certainly anyone with that kind of gear most likely has insurance. I've been quoted by my insurance company that I could send them a video of myself smashing my equipment and they'd cover the damages.. so he's probably OK. Still sad sad sad</p>