Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #10

joshroot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>John V. - just curious, what ISO was that soccer photo shot at? I imagine it was high being a night game and all, but there is no noise. The Mk IV never ceases to amaze.</p>

<p>B. Christopher - I noticed the question mark after "Desert Kit Fox?" I am by no means a wildlife expert, but I didn't know if you were sure that's what it is or not. It looks like a coyote to me, but I'm from Kentucky so I would have no idea what a desert kit fox looks like anyways.</p>

<p>Taken about two hours ago. A very popular barn with the local taggers. 5D Mk2 Sigma 24-70 ISO 200 1/200 f/10. Just for fun I played with all the saturation and luminance sliders in Lightroom and completely overdid all the colors mostly reds, blues and oranges. </p><div>00XZft-295425584.jpg.7667431a45b159ae0227657b4cefc177.jpg</div>

<p>Still learning a lot about what's possible in PS (I know, EVERYthing! ;) and how to do it, so when I stumbled on Denny Tang's <a href="http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/photo-manipulation/layered-hdr-tone-mapping/all-pages.html"><em>Layered HDR Tone Mapping</em></a> on Photoshop Tutorials, I had to try it; attached is the <a href="../photo/11863372&size=lg">result</a>. Mind you, since this method neither merges to a 32-bit image, nor does it use any fancy tone-mapping operators / algorithms -- just layers with luminosity masks -- I reckon the title is misleading: it's got more to do with DRI blending than HDR tonemapping. Suggest you give it a go; it's straightforward and effective!</p><div>00XZgF-295429684.jpg.74ab78555e40a276c6d68722b3a9ff60.jpg</div>

<p>I went last Saturday to the Jet Waves 2010 World Championships in Balneário Piçarras, Santa Catarina, Brasil. Here's a shot I like with both competitors doing a barrel roll off the same wave. This was my first time to shoot jet skis doing tricks. I enjoyed it greatly.</p><div>00XZgU-295433584.jpg.72189c99f2b0b56718faadfffd2e7ef0.jpg</div>