D750 dropped - AF focus are brackets gone, so are focus point indicators. Please help.

john_cataneo

<blockquote>

<p><em>Check to see if the ground glass...</em></p>

</blockquote>

<p>The AF brackets, et. al. are not on the focusing screen (ground glass). They are on a fixed transparent LCD overlay between the screen and prism.</p>

<p>If a reset to factory default settings or Shun's suggestions do not work, as others have noted, it's probably a trip to the repair shop for the D750. :(</p>

• Like 1

<blockquote>

<p>Here's a devious trick: send it in for a shutter replacement.<br /> <a href="http://en.nikon.ca/service-and-support/service-advisories/ibs1kfdg/Technical-Service-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D750.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://en.nikon.ca/service-and-supp...ice-Advisory-for-Users-of-the-Nikon-D750.html</a></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Unfortunately, the OP's problem is not in the shutter.</p>

<p>First of all, only some D750 are affected by this recall. You need to check your serial number. However, the real point is that Nikon is very good at finding impact damages. They will certainly bill you for any damage related to dropping the camera.</p>

• 3 years later...
<p>My camera was knocked off a bed and seems to be shooting fine but the brackets are gone as well as any AF focus point indicator (the little rectangles).<br>

Does anyone know how I can get this back or am in for a repair job?</p>

<p>Many thanks,<br>

John</p>

Hi John, just had the same issue lately, what did you do after? did you have it repaired?

Hi John, just had the same issue lately, what did you do after? did you have it repaired?

It's probably just a flex cable come loose from its socket. The one that powers/drives the red indicators. Unfortunately, it will require extensive disassembly to fix, so expect the repair bill to be at least $200 unless the camera is under warranty and Nikon doesn't conclude there was an impact. Oh well. I paid over $250 to have them remove a large piece of debris from under the SI screen (the part that has the focus indicators etched on it). Not the happiest $250 I've spent on the hobby, but necessary for my sanity.

• Like 1

It's probably just a flex cable come loose from its socket. The one that powers/drives the red indicators. Unfortunately, it will require extensive disassembly to fix, so expect the repair bill to be at least $200 unless the camera is under warranty and Nikon doesn't conclude there was an impact. Oh well. I paid over $250 to have them remove a large piece of debris from under the SI screen (the part that has the focus indicators etched on it). Not the happiest $250 I've spent on the hobby, but necessary for my sanity.

Thanks Chulster, i prefer connecting that loose cable rather than changing the whole board.