Summicron with filter - cap doesn't fit

<p>Right… It depends on what Summicron to which you are referring. It was my assumption - for whatever reason - you were talking about a 35mm Summicron. But if it's a 50mm, you have some options with a reversible Leica shade. What I mean by a 'clip-on' cap: modern Leica caps (and many generics) clip onto the inside of the threads and work on either the lens or a filter. A plastic Leica slip-on cap (or a metal one for that matter) might not fit over certain filters because their diameter is too narrow. This is what I assumed your issue might be.</p>

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

<p>Most B+W filters do have front threads (except the 'slim' designs, which are sold for wideangle lenses where vignetting is more of an issue). However, I do have a Leica (or at least Leica-branded) E39 clip-in filter that doesn't fit well (for whatever reason) on an E39 B+W filter with a front thread. A generic clip-in might work better, or a push-on (if you can still find an old-fashioned cameras shop with a range of caps for you to try out, they may be able to help). B+W also make their own caps, including push-ons for the slim designs without front threads, but I don't know how hard these are to get hold of.</p>

<p>Rui,</p>

<p>If you are talking about a 39mm B+W filter with female threads on the front, then a 39mm snap-on lens cap will work, or a 42mm push-on lens cap, <strong>both</strong> sold by eBay seller, "americaneagle_camera", will work fine, whether your filter has front female threads or not. You can't beat the price and shipping is fast, in my experience.</p>

<p>Do an eBay search for, "39mm lens caps / 5 caps", or "Leica M-42 push on lens cap fits 39mm front". <strong>Both are sold by americaneagle_camera.</strong><br>

<h1 >

<h1 ></h1>

</h1>

</p>