windows 7 epson drivers?

<p>I just got a new computer today and it has windows 7 64-bit os. I am very upset becuase I cant find printer drivers for my epson 9600 or drivers for my perfection 3200 scanner. Any advice on what to do I cant be down for very long I have orders to fill.<br>

thanks</p>

<p>I could understand Epson maybe ignoring the 3200 scanner. But with their more expensive products like the 9600, there is no excuse when the beta and RC of W7 have been out for so long. Not to mention it's the same kernel as Vista SP1 and an easy patch.</p>

<p>I think the Xp mode is only avaible on the top end version of W7?</p>

<p>Which version of Windows 7 are you running? If you have either Professional or Ultimate editions, you may run Windows XP under a virtual machine in Windows 7. <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/windows-xp-mode.aspx">http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/windows-xp-mode.aspx</a></p>

<p>Tomorrow moring, call Epson nad ask.</p>

<p> </p>

<p><em>www.epsonstore.com Sorry I don't know how to make a link. Once you get there, at the top click on Drivers and support, then at the top of the page at the right it says "Windows 7 Support" which will take you to choices of printers.</em></p>

<p>I don't see the 9600 listed there? They have a ton of other large printers but not the 9600 from what I saw.</p>

<p>You might have to do what Brooks suggests. You might need to upgrade your W7 version as that mode isn't offered on the lower end flavours of W7.</p>

<p>But I'd be emailing Epson. The 9600 shouldn't be ignored.</p>

<p>I added the 3200's VID to the 64 bit Vista Epson 4990 driver's .inf file, and it works perfectly in Win 7 x64 with my Perfection 3200 Photo. It will show up as a 4990, but the control codes are the same for the 3200.<br>

This doesn't allow for a TWAIN plugin in Photoshop, rather you'll use the included 'Epson Scan' to make a TIFF.</p>

<p>Steps:</p>

<p>1) Download the driver of the perfection 4990 from this link:</p>

<p><a href="http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=+ab4PwTTw7dCJmzWzOS7JiLkxxrgd5DzkueI0U002F5ekTcU003D&id=30810">http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=+ab4PwTTw7dCJmzWzOS7JiLkxxrgd5DzkueI0U002F5ekTcU003D&id=30810</a></p>

<p>2) extract epson30810eu.exe</p>

<p>3) edit with notepad the file Es4f.inf</p>

<p>4) comment (; semicolon = to be ignored) 2 lines and add the lines below in the section [Models.NTamd64]</p>

<p>[Models.NTamd64]<br />; --------- Two line commented ---------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />; %ES4F.DeviceDesc% = USB.ES4FXP.x64,USB\VID_04B8&PID_012A<br />; %ES4F.DeviceDesc% = 1394.ES4FXP.x64,SBP2\EPSON>-X800_________&CmdSetId104d8</p>

<p>; --------- Add these two lines ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />%ES4F.DeviceDesc% = USB.ES4FXP.x64,USB\VID_04B8&PID_011C<br />%ES4F.DeviceDesc% = 1394.ES4FXP.x64,SBP2\EPSON>-9800_________&CmdSetId104d8<br>

Save the file then run the installer for the drivers and select "EPSON Perfection 4990" as your scanner.<br>

5) After installed turn on your 3200 and wait for Windows to ask for a driver then point it to your modified es4f.inf file and it will install and be detected correctly. Now the 3200 is registered in the system as "EPSON Perfection 4990"<br>

Since it's this easy, the question remains: Did Epson really think we were going to trash our 3200's, 2450's, etc. and upgrade if we wanted to use them in a 64 bit environment?</p>

<p>I may have eliminated the step "Save the file then run the installer for the drivers and select "EPSON Perfection 4990" as your scanner." when I moved from XP x64 to Win 7 x64 (instead just point windows to the inf as in step 5), but otherwise I used the same Epson file, and the same steps.</p>

<p>Hey guys<br>

thanks for all the responses to my problem. Ray I dont see the 9600 anywhere on the printers listed on epsons web site. I e-mailed epson and this is there reply.<br>

"Regrettably there are no plans to introduce a Windows 7 driver for your STYLUS-PRO-9600-UCM printer. Windows has a<strong> resident driver</strong> that you can load so that you can continue to use your printer."<br /><br />does anyone know what there talking about? this was all the info they gave me thanks epson. I know its an older printer but come on guys this is unexceptable to me and Im sure for many others.The 9600 is a work horse and has many years of life left in it.<br>

I guess I will upgrade to the pro version of windows 7so I can run it in xp mode and when I need to replace my printer I will most likely get a canon</p>

<p>Going through the same headache with the lack of a driver for an Epson 9600 Ultrachrome. I'm running Windows 7 64. What a run around. I've saved all my email correspondence with the Epson tech non-support group. I'm just blown away by the disregard for one their (older, but great) high-end printers. I'm sure there are many more out there with the same disgust.</p>

<p>To Brad Smith:<br>

The USB connection works with your 'patch', the 1394 connection however produces the BSOD.<br>

A small correction on line 2 of the section [Models.NTamd64] is necessary in order to make the 1394 firewire connection work. The lines now look like this:<br>

%ES4F.DeviceDesc% = USB.ES4FXP.x64,USB\VID_04B8&PID_011C<br />%ES4F.DeviceDesc% = 1394.ES4FXP.x64,SBP2\EPSON&GT9800_________&CmdSetId104d8<br>

This works flawlessly in W7 x64. Thanks for your inventiveness!</p>

• 9 months later...
<p>I'm late to the discussion, but for what its worth I had the same problem and simply bought an old desktop pc from my local guy for $150. It is an XP and I use it to drive the Epson 9600, and do all photo processing on my new Windows 7 64-bit, saving files to the old XP for printing. I set up the color management files on the XP as if it were my new Win 7 workstation and it prints just fine.</p>

• 4 months later...

<p>I used the 32oo Epson scanner with XP. Computer crashed, so I bought a new computer with Winows 7. Can't use the scanner now.</p>

<p>I downloaded the 4990 driver, but I do not understand the instuctions above regarding "extract file" I can right click on the driver file and initiate the setup process, but "extract file" is not one of the options I see. How to do the edit? How to "extract" the driver file?? </p>