35mm scan has blue lines running up it

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I have just had a 35mm film developed and have been attempting to scan it with the HP G3110 flatbed. <br>

The pictures are coming out fine, except that I have blue lines running up each picture emanating from the perforations that are spoiling each photo.<br>

I am not sure what I am doing wrong as I have altered resolution etc... </p>

<p>Any tips?</p>

<p>Well this scanner from what I see is not designed to scann negatives and slides. It does seem to have a little built in lighted top for 6 negatives or slides but can't hold them flat.. I would get a thin piece of ANTI-Newton glass to slide in with the negatives to the lid to hold them flatter.</p>

<p>Sounds like the scanner attempted to self-calibrate by sampling an area it wanted to be blank, but the sprocket hole area of the film was there. Try powering up the scanner and software, and doing a preview scan, without the film in there. Then insert the film and try again.</p>

<p>I don't know that model of scanner - but I have the HP G4050 and it would not scan negatives at all well until I changed from the supplied software to Ed Hamrick's Vuescan. A total change! False colours in scans gone and far faster scans as well. I suggest you download the free trial and see if it makes a difference. <br>

Nick</p>