Kodak Ultramax 400 or High Def 400?

<p><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoEnvelopeAddress, li.MsoEnvelopeAddress, div.MsoEnvelopeAddress {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:2.0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-element:frame; mso-element-frame-width:5.5in; mso-element-frame-height:99.0pt; mso-element-frame-hspace:9.0pt; mso-element-wrap:auto; mso-element-anchor-horizontal:page; mso-element-left:center; mso-element-top:bottom; mso-height-rule:exactly; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;} p.MsoEnvelopeReturn, li.MsoEnvelopeReturn, div.MsoEnvelopeReturn {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:.9in .9in .5in .9in; mso-header-margin:0in; mso-footer-margin:.35in; mso-paper-source:258;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoEnvelopeAddress, li.MsoEnvelopeAddress, div.MsoEnvelopeAddress {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:2.0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-element:frame; mso-element-frame-width:5.5in; mso-element-frame-height:99.0pt; mso-element-frame-hspace:9.0pt; mso-element-wrap:auto; mso-element-anchor-horizontal:page; mso-element-left:center; mso-element-top:bottom; mso-height-rule:exactly; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;} p.MsoEnvelopeReturn, li.MsoEnvelopeReturn, div.MsoEnvelopeReturn {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:.9in .9in .5in .9in; mso-header-margin:0in; mso-footer-margin:.35in; mso-paper-source:258;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --><br>

Am going here this weekend: <!-- [endif]--></p>

<p ><strong>Waco Mammoth Site--</strong> </p>

<p ><!-- [if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!-- [endif]--></p>

<p ><a href="

</p>

<p >This will be my first visit to the site so can't attest to whether the lighting is anywhere near what you see in this video. But if it is, then I don't want to have to "disturb" it with any kind of flash as I like what I see. Will also be shooting outdoor landscapes as well as the scenery is very nice, and weather conditions promise to be exactly what you see in this video – clear and sunny. It was shot in September 09. We'll be there beginning at 9:00 a.m. Central US time.</p>

<p >Along with a couple of DSLRs, two film cameras will be making the trip with us – Pentax K2 and ME Super. One will be devoted to a couple of rolls of Kodak Ektar 100. I'd like to try 400 in the other camera.</p>

<p >These will be going to a well respected local pro lab for development and CD only.</p>

<p >Anyone with experience with Kodak Ultra Max 400 and High Def 400? Which would you recommend and why? Any other suggestions than these two? </p>

<p ><!-- [if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!-- [endif]--><br>

Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>I have had good luck with High Def 400. A good portion of my portfolio was taken with this film. Since I do my own scanning, I can set the contrast and saturation to whatever I want. Portra 400 NC and VC are also good. I haven't used much Ultra Max. </p>