Any younger Leica photographers here?

kenny_c

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Sorry to be somewhat vague, but I never quite know what the age demographics are like based on the conversations here. I'm in my early 30s, and I'm here assuming am of the younger demographic, unless I'm proven wrong!<br>

Just curious.</p>

<p>Several years ago there were several Lieca users in the Toronto area that frequented this forum. We all met one Saturday afternoon at a downtown pub for a few beers and conversation. (I'm in eastern Ontario). Jack is still hare but I'm not sure about the others. We're all a few years past 30. If the "8 Elm" camera store is still in business you should drop in and ask about younger customers. </p>

<p>I'm well off your scale, but a keen Leica photographer, "artist" and gallerist, but do occasionally visit hogtown/Queen city when away from Quebec City and working in Peterborough-Lakefield. I occasionally get my Leica stuff repaired by David Yau of Markham. Don't have his coordinates on tap, but he could probably point you to young photographers who share your interests or have similar college backgrounds in art, as might the people at Vistek.</p>

<p>i'm 20 with an m6 (ttl), living in ventura( california) for the next 3 years. i also shoot 4x5 (horseman) and 6x6 (rolleiflex) and got a dslr though i'm currently saving up for an M9 to move to leica for good and selling my DSLR, i'm so tired of buttons by now...<br>

i got my leica surprisingly (i didn't know he had a leica) from a good friend of mine for whom i collected money with my pictures for his charity project in lebanon. it wasn't love on first sight though and it took me about half a year and lots of film to finally get decent shots with the m6 and now i want to move to leica for good :)<br>

if you're down south hit me up.</p>

<p>Hey Jon, any more details on that RF meetup in Jan?<br /><br />Theres absolutely nothing wrong with older leica shooters, you're only as young as you feel. As I usually encounter mostly older folks with leicas, would be a nice change though.. to see some younger Leica shooters out there, where ever they are. </p>