Any younger Leica photographers here?

kenny_c

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Both my daughters, now ages 29 and 32, have used both my Leica rangefinder and SLRs. Neither my daughters nor my wife have any real interest in photography except when one of the Leica shots is exceptional or they want family pictures. All three are point and shoot digital users. I was given a IIIg with an Elmar 50 2.8 many decades ago for my 21st birthday and still have and use it along with other Leica gear I've acquired over the years. I'm in Meadville, PA and have spent time shooting in Toronto. Yonge Street is a great place to shoot in spring and summer as there is so much going on outside and I plan to go back this summer.</p>

<p>i'm also 34 and use several Ms plus a couple of the leica-sonics. like you, i'm still into video games and mountain biking. i'm also into travelling, food, english literature, music and movies. i'm nowhere near canada though. i usually find myself in the australasia / pacific regions as i constantly move around throughout the year. in asia, most everyone these days walk around with an SLR camera especially people closer to my age. if there's not a lot of leicaphiles your age in your region, i'd guess there's even fewer here. </p>