Film through washing machine.. still good?

<p>Hello<br>

I accidentally put a roll of exposed film (slide film to be more precise) through the washer. Will it still be good to develop? It was in its canister and all, and the canister didn't have any water in it when I took it out..<br>

Or am I gonna have to give roll this up?</p>

<p>If the inside of the canister was dry, then there are no concerns. Even if this was run through an extended hot cycle, the temperature would be somewhere between 120 F and 140 F for less than an hour. That kind of temperature could do some damage in a few days, but not in an hour.</p>

<p>Unless the pictures are truly irreplaceable, I would throw it out.</p>

<p>If they are, I would develop it by itself, and plan on throwing out the developer after.</p>

<p>Who knows how much, if any, detergent made its way into the canister, and what effect that would have on processing. Unless you are processing the one roll by itself, you run the risk of damaging other rolls run at the same time or after.</p>

<p>Eric</p>

<p>I've heard of coffee developers in which the main ingredient is washing soda, but this seems to be going a little far in the search for oddball developers!<br>

Yeah, if it was in the canister and that was dry, it's worth a gamble, and will probably be ok.</p>