Just got my "new" EOS 3

charles_clark1

<p>Thanks for all the responses. Sometimes, reading this forum, I get the feeling that people aren't shooting film. It is nice to hear that there are other film guys around. BTW, I shoot mostly digital with my 5D. I got the 3 because I wanted to scratch my Velvia itch every now and then and I want to shoot really long exposures at night. I also wanted to be able to use my L lenses. However, with all the cool things the 3 offers, I may have to play with it more.</p>

<p>Just to add my tuppence worth, I miss ECF too, never quite worked for me on the 5 (didn't work in portrait mode, although it made up for the lack of depth of field preview button) or the 50e (too few points to be useful) but comes alive on my 3, helps that I use it with a 200mm f2.8 USM L lens.<br>

Great combo, great feeling. Would have liked the 1v for the shutter blind and extra build, but the 3 had ECF, the 1v didn't, and the 3 was half the price of the 1v. The difference went on an extra lens and so I have no regrets at all about getting the 3, would prefer the PB-E2 to the PB-E1 that I use but hey ho.</p>

<p>I began photography with a Rebel K2, which was fully adequate at the time, with thanks to good film like tri-x. About a year afterwards, I recognized the advantages of digital and purchased an XT, which is still my stock camera today. I've never dropped my interest in film, though, and have always lusted after the EOS 3 ever since learning about ECF. Your post inspired me to go onto Craig's List and find a used EOS 3 for under $150. I haven't even calibrated it yet to know if ECF works for me, but I already have a good feeling that this camera will be my favorite for a long time. Thanks for the inspiration!</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Amazement...<br>

...for 6% of a new 1D M IV's m.s.r.p. I was just able to purchase an absolutely pristine EOS-3 with all manuals and paperwork, PB-E2 booster, fresh NP-E2 Ni-MH battery, and NC-E2 charger. All the various and sundry covers are even present! This morning was spent getting acquainted, the afternoon shooting a roll of Velvia 50. I must say this camera is a joy to my hand and a gem to the eyes!</p>