Nikon F100 and Flash

leo_maniace2

<p>I used to use a Metz 45CL4 on my F100, worked as auto exposure but not TTL as I recall. Very powerful and never had a failure. Batteries were readily available anywhere in the world. The same flash worked fine on my MF Bronica, my Nikon DSLR, Canons, Leicas and Rolleiflex via adapters. A very versatile system. The flash cost about $100 and adapters around $20-50.</p><div>00Uq1A-183425784.jpg.bea3cbeea8f0b521bbc24b58fc1dece4.jpg</div>

<p>SB 600 (which I use on mine); SB 800 or 900 if you want more than that. You can also use the older SBs on it, as Gary Watson suggests. It won't take the SB400, which is annoying.</p>

<p>Metz flashes are quite good and they have modules for TTL for a number of Nikon cameras. </p>

<p>'SB 600 (which I use on mine); SB 800 or 900 if you want more than that. You can also use the older SBs on it, as Gary Watson suggests. It won't take the SB400, which is annoying.'</p>

<p>Not the SB-900 - it isn't compatible with the F100 in TTL mode. The SB-800 would be the best choice if you shoot digital as well (does TTL with both digital and film cameras). Otherwise, the SB-28, SB-28DX and SB-80DX are quite a lot cheaper, since none of them support TTL with the current dSLRs. but all work well with the F100. All three of these also give you FP high speed sync mode with the F100, which even the SB-800 doesn't.</p>

<p>The SB-28 is "magic" with the F100; the two were literally made for one another.</p>

<p>The SB-28, as distinct from the SB-28DX which was made for older Nikon digital cameras, can be purchased used in EXcellent condition at <a href="http://www.keh.com">www.keh.com</a> for less than $100.</p>

<p>The latest Nikon flash, the SB-900, will not function in TTL mode on the F100</p>