What else in my camera bag?

chuck_hayden

<p>Chuck, it depends on what you mean by emergencies. You'd be surprised how much stuff we/I carry. I wouldn't know even where to begin, but here's some stuff off the top of my head: Filter wrenches, cases for filters and cards, business cards, strobe, Chimera 12" popout reflector/light modifier, Wein peanut slaves, extra cords for flashes, remote control units and cords, cable releases, Rocket blower, envelopes, stamps, paperclips, gaffers tape, loupe, matches, spare ammo mags, USB memory stick or two, compass, pens and permanent Sharpies, small calculator, lens tables, extension tubes, gum, single use tooth brushes, eye drops, a few band aids (but if it gets that bad, I want people to see me bleeding), a charger for whatever system I'm using, extra batteries, at least one or two meters, soft paint brush to remove dust, small screw drivers to tighten things down... I'm sure there's more, but I'd have to actually go see what's in the bag.</p>

<p>small totes umbrella (in an outside pocket), small pen light, paper, pen plus the normal photo gear and lens cleaning cloth. extra cam battery. small portfolio book (4x6 prints) in case someone wants to see what I shoot.....originally for defusing irrate subjects that object to my street photography habits....but nowadays for anyone who is interested enough to ask.</p>

<p>and then, because I hate stuff in my pockets....my keys, cell phone, MTA pass (NYC) and loose change. (paper money and wallet stay on my person.....just in case)</p>

<p>Yes, extra batteries, more memory cards for the camera, and the MANUAL. I don't carry it as often as I did when I first started with digital, but there are still some moments where having it is very helpful. This especially goes for any messing around with parameters and the like and then needing to get back from them after you're done with the special task.</p>

<p>Ton, reminded me of something very important: Have your <em>business </em> ID in a plastic holder, attached to the bag. I know a few photographers who have left their bag somewhere, but their ID was not attached.</p>

<p>My main camera bag is the bigger sized Tamrac, so it really depends on how big your bag is, as to how much you'd want to carry.</p>