Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #38

jose_angel

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>MS, Benjamin, Eric, Tiffany, Wouter, Filip </strong>and <strong>Tom, </strong>thanks for the nice comments. I am happy you all liked my sunset photo.</p>

<p>Richard, what a great trip to work you must have every morning. Beautiful scenery.<br>

Cees, love the look of your shot.</p>

<p>Cheers, Gary.</p>

<p>To those who commented on my photo, a sincere Thank You.<br>

Pictures that caught my eye this week are:<br>

Jose-Nice capture to a sad back story.<br>

Chris- The detail and sharpness that you achieve is truly inspirational!<br>

Per-Very nice shot of your daughter. You get to appreciate the moment now, as I'm sure she will appreciate the shot even more years from now.<br>

Wouter- I missed it the first time thru, but I just noticed that you stopped the props! I can almost feel the power of the engines.<br>

Lil- Beautiful shot. I can only imagine how small the bird looked to the naked eye. How far away was the shot?<br>

Dieter - Certainly captures the essence of the title.<br>

Phil - Makes me want to be there oh so badly.<br>

Gary- I love sunsets and this one is superb!<br>

Hamish- Beautiful capture of what I am sure is a cherished memory.<br>

Rene- Took me awhile to realize that you had captured the silhouettes. Very nice.<br>

Kemal- reminds me of an abstract water color. Lovely. IMO you could also flip it 180degrees.<br>

Jeannean- beautiful colors and I love that you can see the "baby lime"<br>

Matthew- I love how you captured the birds wings.<br>

Wayne- Makes me want to be there so much. My kids are out in Boulder and I keep telling them they need to get out to see the aspens.<br>

Amy- with a shot like that, I sure you had a very pleased client.<br>

Ertugrul- You certainly have a knack for good silhouettes<br>

Bernard- Love the colors/tones in this shot. Well done.<br>

Waldemar- Nicely done<br>

Tiffany- nice portrait. It's all about the eyes!<br>

Aaron- the eyes make this come alive. I love it.<br>

Barry- so much is going on in this shot and yet it really does capture what happens in an airport. Ver Nice.<br>

Paul- Absolutely beautiful shot of the river.<br>

Michael- One of the more interesting band shots that I have seen. I only wish the shadow could have been slightly stronger.<br>

Until next week...............Paul V.<br>

<strong>While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see. ~Dorothea Lange </strong></p>

<p>Wonderful pictures, stories, and people make this a very unique thread. I sincerely like looking and commenting on each photo when I can, so I made time in a busy schedule this week to do so (I felt like I missed really SEEING some last week). It was done in spurts when I had a few minutes, so I hope I didn't miss anyone along the way. If so, it wasn't intentional. Thank you all for sharing your weekly photos:</p>

<p>Jose: So sorry to hear about the fires. :( Your image capture is a reminder, yet beautiful.<br /> Chris: Love it. Looks like another winner of a lens and of course the photographer has a lot to do with your incredible shots. I aspire to be half as good one day.<br /> Per-Christian: Your daughter is a beauty and looks like a fine young lady with talent. The hair and feather really caught my attention.<br /> Darko: Very cute capture.<br /> Joseph: Wow, I can SMELL your photo!<br /> Alejandro: I hope you are feeling more inspired to go shoot soon. Lovely horse and the water is a nice touch.<br /> Wouter: Wow, I can see the prop out of the water. FAST is right.<br /> Lil: You capture your birds SO well and the passion for your subject comes through every time.<br /> Mike C: Really colorful picture and beautiful adornments. The horse looks less excited with that look in the eye. ;-)<br /> Pedro: Nice shots and looks yummy. I remember when I first tried Wasabi. Sinuses cleared in 30 seconds flat.<br /> Dieter: So beautiful and serene looking.<br /> Phil: You captured the joys of fishing on a quiet still morning.<br /> Ton: Looks like an interesting character.<br /> Bogdan: Interesting what you can find that's been abandoned or junked.<br /> Harvey: Such a fun shot.<br /> Ian: What scale. Very inviting.<br /> Marc: I see what you mean about "The Negative". Good eye.<br /> Tolga: Nice horse racing shot. Those guys move SO fast.<br /> Gary: Breathtakingly beautiful. Glad you had your camera with you. Those are the best moments. Nature can put on quite a show and glad you were able to share this one with us.<br /> Luis: Nice DOF. Those trombones really shine.<br /> Sjoerd: Love it. Such fun and childlike glee on both their faces.<br /> Hamish: What a great shot and glad you got up at 3am to get it! It boggles my mind to think about sunrise at 3am. ;-)<br /> Rene: Love the bright colors and the silhouettes against it.<br /> Kema: Very cool looking reflection with the distortions.<br /> Robert: Very controlled DOF.<br /> Draganco: Lovely light and softness of the water.<br /> Ken: What an interesting looking bird...and so sharp!<br /> Jens: Your photo does very well. I wish it was mine. Inspires me to want to go find a nice uncluttered country road.<br /> Matthew: Beautiful colors and nice capture.<br /> Joe: Very nice rose.<br /> David: I like your photo as well as your comment. So true.<br /> Richard: Your "on the way to work" shot looks like a postcard. Makes me jealous of your commute.<br /> Graham: Welcome! Beautiful colors.<br /> Miles: This really appeals to me (other than the fact I like wine and vineyards ;-). I'm assuming that's water in the background. Very interesting perspective.<br /> Wayne: Nice capture and such beautiful colors/contrasts.<br /> Kent: I really love those kinds of places and the expression/reaching out from the little girl is what it's all about.<br /> Ray: This little lens is really a gem. Nice photo.<br /> Tim: I'll trade you some limes for apples! <br /> Jim: I can see why you do. The lighting and casual/relaxed feeling is wonderful.<br /> MS Keil: Neat use of the Fujichrome border.<br /> Rick: He indeed looks curious!<br /> Benjamin: The BW is really nice, but now I want to see the color version too. Looks like some very vivid colors were present.<br /> Dan: Nice job. For one moving so fast, you certainly captured his face and eyes well.<br /> Charles: I want to go sliding now. Very fun.<br /> Jeff: LOL...nice capture!<br /> William P: Lucky or not, that's a nice photo.<br /> Steven: I'm interested in knowing where this was taken. Not a common sight here. Looks like it's in the wild?<br /> Paul: You did GREAT! I love it! Very, very nice. Those colors just draw me in. <br /> Gwen: Nice reflection... and have fun today!<br /> Louis: Really neat find and capture.<br /> Jamie: From his expression, I see skittish all over his face. Looks like he's deciding to stay or run.<br /> Ivan: Very interesting and colorful looking place.<br /> Cees: I really like the tones and color in this. Thanks for sharing the story too.<br /> Amy: Congrats for getting paid to do what you love! That's the best and you did very nicely.<br /> Wade: Nice shot...and I'm sure your nephew's reply will most likely be, "because it's not as fun". ;-)<br /> Jon: Interesting capture and position of the gecko. I've never seen any around here that do that. I need to look closer. Most of them around here just lay there stretched out. <br /> Christian: Beautiful city.<br /> Dallas: Ooooo....I really like this.The lighting and softness are terrific.<br /> Jeffery K: That's my expression going to school on Mondays too (teacher/not student).<br /> Lawrence: That guys got some serious talent (and so do you for capturing it so well).<br /> Sanford: That's SO cool! Thanks for posting this.<br /> Doug: So scenic and nice light.<br /> Ertugrul: You do these silhouette shots so well.<br /> Geert: Nice photo. I'm curious about the lens you used. The sky looks so vast and has a somewhat fish-eye effect to it.<br /> Paula: Our egrets are returning to a spot close by, and would like to capture them as well as you have with this one. I think I'm going to have to sneak up really quietly, or have to buy a longer lens. I'm going to try the "sneak up" method first. ;-)<br /> Ken: Cool exaggerational effect.<br /> Phil: Sigh...beautiful place and so glad you and your wife had some time alone. <br /> Zoltan: You have the PROOF your pic was shot with Nikon! Nice. :)<br /> Carey: Interesting tree trunk. We have a very weird one that I need to take a pic of.<br /> John: Mmmm...RED PORSCHE...talk about HOT.<br /> Thomas: Very interesting choices of patterns and fabrics.<br /> Shun: Boy does your photo bring back memories. When I had my long board (windsurf, not surfboard), I used to do a little fishing too when it was calm like that. What fun.<br /> Wayne C: I'm learning more about railroad workings from this thread than anywhere!<br /> Keerthi: Interesting mannequin and nice use of flash.<br /> Ofey: Nice capture of a street scene full of interesting characters and a fun vibe.<br /> Bryan: Very neat shot and creative.<br /> Raaj: Just when you think you're done, you spy something really fun. Nice.<br /> Janne: That is so beautiful. What lovely colors and the rising sun cooperated perfectly in adding to this. <br /> Deep: Very pretty.<br /> Dave: That's such a pretty place and you captured it well.<br /> Steve L: Did you and Dave time your posts? Excellent!<br /> Alex: Sofi is a very cute little girl.<br /> Agunaldo: Nice contrast, especially with the center tree.<br /> Matt: Great moment!<br /> Bernard: Very nicely done. I really, really need to learn better post processing techniques. The feel of the light in this is wonderful.<br /> Jeffrey A: Very soothing.<br /> Keith: Wow, that's what I call rugged!<br /> Mark H: The blissful sleep of babies. They can sleep anywhere.<br /> Mark M: LOL...well done.<br /> Eric: Neat idea. Agree the faster shutter speed would have helped isolate more.<br /> Juho: Welcome to the thread! I like your shot a lot. Very nicely done.<br /> Tony: Beautiful contrasts and light. You are seeing some beautiful country!<br /> Eric A: Very cool.<br /> Waldemar: Beautiful. I hope they visit me on their way to Mexico and I can find one ready for a picture. :)<br /> Tiffany: Nice portrait. <br /> Barry: They look so much like roses! Very pretty.<br /> Suresh: Yeehaw! Love Ft. Worth Stockyards.<br /> Kiem: The performer seems to have the rapt attention of the audience. Very nice.<br /> Jay: Nice silhouette.<br /> Jim: Brings back memories of many scout camps I went to.<br /> Filip: Love the softness of the water vs. the rugged rocks and the colors.<br /> Shane: Neat composition.<br /> Paul B: Very nice contrast and focus.<br /> Lex: Yummo! I really like the colors too (and you have the big brother to my baby ;-)<br /> Aaron: That's so cool (and kinda scary).<br /> Eric Angelo: Funny how mundane things take on a "photographic experiment" bent and side track us from what we started out doing. Nice.<br /> Shekar: Beautiful cat. Where was this taken?<br /> Anish: Very interesting and thanks for sharing the story. Love the jacket.<br /> Jose Antonio: I love this. Dog parks are so fun and a great opportunity to see such funny things.<br /> Mikhail: I like the framing. Gives the viewer an "abandoned" feel.<br /> Evan: Scott Kelby has a book I checked out from our library with some presets for web viewing in PS (The Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers). The digital darkroom forum here would most likely have a lot of information for you as well. (These people know their stuff...and I see Mark M. gave you some advice here.)<br /> Barry: Neat reflections.<br /> Ty: Cute. :)<br /> Kris: Beautiful picture of a wonderful landmark.<br /> Finlay: Beautiful dog and great pose!<br /> Elliot: Great spider shot. I don't believe I've seen one of those before.<br /> Murali: Beautiful bird and capture. Those teal feathers with gold fringes are wonderful.<br /> Paul S: Very pretty and like the contrasts of the mountains.<br /> Terry R: Welcome! Very nice capture of the colors.<br /> Roberta: Your son's girlfriend is pretty.<br /> Hans: Welcome! Nice mushrooms. I've been seeing a few crop up here after some badly needed rains.<br /> Jill: Very nice shot. That is a beautiful horse.<br /> Wenshu: LOL...you did well. I know how you feel. I have trouble too. <br /> Yuriy: Thanks for resizing. :)<br /> Michael: Nice colors.<br /> Steve V: Great shot. I'm drawn UP.<br /> Robert M: Nice looking hotrod and lighting.<br /> Lance: Wow...that green is GREEN!<br /> Jon: That horse looks so scared. Nice capture.<br /> Tom T: I never heard you can't shoot sports with Nikon, but if that's the presumption, you certainly proved them wrong. Great shot!</p>

<p><br /> Until next Wednesday...happy shooting!<br /> <br /> <br /></p>

<p>Well this thread grew fast yet again, that's for sure. I found looking back at last week's thread that people had made some fun comments at the end in regards to "the race is on", "the pressure is on" etc - not to mention, what to choose. Yes, these threads are inspiring & they do challenge us to present something special. But the thing is, I'm sure most of the shots presented are special to the photographer etc. They mean something special to someone, therefore I feel they all are special & deserve mentioning.<br /> <br /> <strong>Jose </strong> - as always, thank you for starting these threads. For you the pressure is always on. You have to have something ready each week. Because if you don't start the thread........ Then who will...... So, you have to have something ready. Talk about pressure. :-) You have started a tradition on the board which truly has brought the board together. It's a wonderful thing you have done.<br>

Now to my task at hand.....<br /> <br /> <strong>A Huge Thank You</strong> to those who've commented on my shot this week;<br /> <br /> <strong>John DeMarco</strong> - glad you enjoy my Greenie. They have a lot of colors & markings when they're young.<br>

<strong>Alex </strong> - thank you, they are very colorful & elegant little birds. Most herons are a lot larger. This is a tiny one & it has to be careful or it becomes dinner of someone else....<br>

<strong>Paula</strong> - thank you, in answer to your questions.... The Sigmonster weighs around 14lbs by itself. Now add camera, tripod & the must of a Wimberley Full Gimbal head & you're talking 20 + lbs. I use the grip as well as it balances the lens even better. I transport everything on a cart/chair called a Beach-Rolly. This is not a handheld lens. You have to know long lens technique & be prepared to develop muscle. Let me know if you have any other questions.<br>

<strong>Benjamin</strong> - thank you, LOL LOL LOL no not hand held. I'd like to see you handhold the Sigmonster. I've done it for one shot - once. Much easier on a sturdy tripod.<br>

<strong>Eric Blair</strong> - thank you for your very kind words. I'm glad to have provided a little inspiration & pride for & in you. I'm glad to be photographing birds again, though I firmly believe in pushing the envelop & trying new things to grow & develop.<br>

<strong>Tiffany </strong> - thank you, yes I took a lot of him & here I was waiting on him to get his head just right for the light. Sun is really in a bad spot to shoot this location, but the bird complied & I got the light....<br>

<strong>Wouter </strong> - thank you for your very kind words. I enjoy doing it. Sigma 300-800, don't know if you'd drool over the 14lbs of just the lens, nor of the price tag. But it's sharp & I do love it & will not give it up. :-)<br>

<strong>Paul V. Gorky</strong> - the bird was a bit off, but probably within 100 feet - give or take. They're wild after all. Greenies (Green Herons) are the smallest of the herons. They're only 18" and that's probably all stretched out. They have a tendency to disappear due to camouflage & will crunch down so we lose sight of them. Sometimes they just disappear on us & it will take forever to find them again. Thank you for your kind words.<br>

<strong>Jeannean </strong> - you are so sweet, thank you so very much for those kind words.<br>

I hope I did not miss anyone.....<br /> <br /> As always, my aim in commenting on all the shots (I hope I don't miss anyone) is to acknowledge everyone's effort & to be positive & encouraging. I am by no means the "wisest" or most "knowledgeable" on this board. I'm just trying to be a positive influence & ensure that no one feels left out. I feel most photos have something positive that can be said about them & I firmly believe that we all thrive from positive reinforcement & encouragement. OK - so that's my disclaimer. :-)<br /> <br /> So without further ado...... ;-)<br /> <br /> <strong>Jose </strong> - artsy shot. I do love the tones, & the limited colors add to the effect.<br>

<strong>Chris </strong> - another excellent macro. That new lens sure looks like a keeper. Details, color & framing. Very nice.<strong></strong><br>

<strong>Per-Christian</strong> - looks like a fun competition. Nice action shot.<br>

<strong>Darko</strong> - what a lovely & fun puppy shot. Because that has to be a puppy. Is it a Briard or an Afgan or what. Looks like it's going to be huge no matter what.<br>

<strong>Joseph</strong> - what a lovely location & market. Must be fun to shop there. My mother would spend hours. Great colors as well. Love how the foreground gets us interested...<br>

<strong>Alejandro </strong> - ah something I do on an almost daily basis. Love that you chose to present this in B&W. Makes me feel like "a job well done & ready for rest".<br>

<strong>Wouter</strong> - great action shot. Looks super fast & noisy. :-)<br>

<strong>Mike</strong> - excellent renditions of red in this shot. Well exposed whites. I love how you were observant enough to realize the horse was watching you. They're good at that....<br>

<strong>Pedro</strong> - looks like a yummy meal. Lens looks like a keeper for sure & I love the use of dof in these shots.<br>

<strong>Dieter </strong> - beautiful shot. Really reminds me to sit down & enjoy & allow nature to recharge our "batteries" & soul.<br>

<strong>Phil </strong> - lovely moody shot. Love how the mist just adds to it.<br>

<strong>Ton</strong> - another beautiful portrait. Stunning B&W conversion as well.<br>

<strong>Bogdan </strong> - I love stranded boats & I love old rusty & peeling paint "things" like old boats & machinery. The dried up reeds in the shot so adds to the message.And thank you for your kind words towards my humble attempt at being inspiring. Nice to feel appreciated. :-)<br>

<strong>Harvey </strong> - I love the angle of this shot. Makes it super fun.<br>

<strong>Ian </strong> - beautiful seascape. The added mood of the cliffs & clouds, now add the solitary birds. Very nice.<br>

<strong>Marc </strong> - beautiful B&W shot. I love how I feel the fence rail pulls me towards the man in the middle of the shot.<br>

<strong>Tolga</strong> - beautiful film shot.<br>

<strong>Gary</strong> - stunning sunset shot. Just beautiful.I do miss the D200s beautiful colors.<br>

<strong>Luis</strong> - beautiful film shot - such clean blacks & whites.<br>

<strong>Sjoerd</strong> - fun shot. Looks like fun as well & I love the reflection in the sunglasses.<br>

<strong>Hamish</strong> - Hamish, Hamish, Hamish...... I just love this shot. Stunning. The sun creating a star, the clouds, the colors, the use of perspective. Beautiful. :-)<br>

<strong>Rene'</strong> - where's Hideyuki? I miss him & his entries. Tell him Hi from me. This is a neat shot. Is this a sculpture or lit glass wall or something.....<br>

<strong>Kemal </strong> - beautiful reflection shot. Colors & the play in the water by the ripples. Lovely<br>

<strong>Robert </strong> - great play with dof.<br>

<strong>Draganco</strong> - lovely night shot. Must be beautiful to see.<br>

<strong>Ken </strong> - nice shot of a European Starling. Really shows the iridescence of their feathers.<br>

<strong>Jeannean</strong> - lovely macro. Love how the light guides our eyes<br>

<strong>Jens</strong> - lovely shot - the road pulls us into the shot. Looks like you may have some early frost in this shot as well. I love early Fall when we see light frost on fields & lawns during sunrise back home. Lovely.<br>

<strong>Matthew</strong> - lovely shot of the Honeyeater. I so want to go to Australia to photograph birds. Honeyeaters, Beeaters etc. Australia has such diverse wildlife. One day - - I hope.<br>

<strong>Joe</strong> - lovely capture of the rose. Great background<br>

<strong>David </strong> - lovely - like something out of the 1960s - very artsy<br>

<strong>Richard </strong> - stunning landscape, great depth in the shot & the mist sure adds to the feel & story<br>

<strong>Graham</strong> - welcome to posting, love the selective narrow dof<br>

<strong>Miles</strong> - love the colors & the mix of shapes creating patterns.<br>

<strong>Wayne</strong> - beautiful landscape, must be a stunning awe-inspiring location<br>

<strong>Kent</strong> - fun shot, great memory I'm sure<br>

<strong>Ray</strong> - my pleasure, loved that pano. This shot is fun because it plays "games" with my mind. Simple & elegant.<br>

<strong>Tim</strong> - lovely, makes me wish to go home & sit in the apple trees eating apples as I did as a girl. Love the separation of foreground t background. Lovely colors. As for EXIFs, well I think it helps some & gives them ideas how to solve some things.<br>

<strong>Jim </strong> - nice shot of all the girls ready to go.<br>

<strong>MS Keil</strong> - excellent use of perspective<br>

<strong>Rick</strong> - cute capture, I've only seen them at night.<br>

<strong>Benjamin</strong> - great capture & B&W conversion. Love the depth<br>

<strong>Dan</strong> - fun shot & well done on the blacks<br>

<strong>Charles</strong> - fun shot & memory I'm sure.<br>

<strong>Jeff </strong> - interesting perspective & a very different wedding shot.<br>

<strong>William</strong> - excellent shot of the hawk in flight. Well done & I'm often surprised how well that 70-300VR does. This is no different.<br>

<strong>Steven</strong> - lovely shot of the monkey in natural habitat.<br>

<strong>Paul</strong> - beautiful macro. Love that added water drops, so adds to the shot.<br>

<strong>Gwen</strong> - love that you left the reflection in the mallard shot, as well as the ripples. Shows the action...<br>

<strong>Louis </strong> - one simple word - - - - Stunning - - - - I just love this shot.<br>

<strong>Jamie</strong> - beautiful shot of that lovely fox<br>

<strong>Ivan</strong> - love the colors & seeing these lovely houses from this old city. I had no idea that house were built this slim in Croatia. Must be a very old town.<br>

<strong>Cees Maas</strong> - beautiful, moody & story-telling capture. makes me want to go visit<br>

<strong>Amy</strong> - lovely capture & for sure a lovely portrait for the parents.<br>

<strong>Wade</strong> - thank you for answering my question. Sweet shot of your nephew playing soccer.<br>

<strong>Jon </strong> - lovely macro, tells a lovely story & a wealth of information about geckos for me.<br>

<strong>Christian</strong> - I love how this photo makes me think of old turn of the century photos.Great perspective<br>

<strong>Dallas </strong> - beautiful shot & I love the pp'ing of it.<br>

<strong>Jeffrey</strong> - fun portrait, a great memory for sure. What a face. :-)<br>

<strong>Lawrence </strong> - great capture. I love how we get such a complete story<br>

<strong>Sanford</strong> - a great capture, story on so many levels.<br>

<strong>Doug</strong> - beautiful landscape<br>

<strong>Ertugrul</strong> - sorry for being slow/late last week, but sometimes life gets in the way..... Beautiful shot this week, love the silhouette shot which makes me think of "Raiders of the Lost Ark"<br>

<strong>Geert</strong> - beautiful shot, love the perspective as well as story.<br>

<strong>Paula</strong> - great shot of the Great Egret. Love the fact that you included some of the habitat<br>

<strong>Ken</strong> - fun perspective, makes me think I'm about to be run over.<br>

<strong>Phil </strong> - well deserved vacation in a beautiful location. What a stunning view.<br>

<strong>Zoltan</strong> - fun shot, love the fact that it took a little looking at to figure out the mirror (maybe I'm slow today)<br>

<strong>Carey </strong> - artsy choice, would probably also work beautifully in B&W<br>

<strong>John</strong> - artsy look to this one, beautiful reds & I love the star effect here.<br>

<strong>Thomas</strong> - what a story & character this portrait has<br>

<strong>Shun</strong> - great story in this capture. I would not like to go fishing like that. Fun capture & very unusual.<br>

<strong>Wayne</strong> - artsy shot<br>

<strong>Keerthi</strong> - Thank you for your kind words, it's self-imposed. That's an interesting bust to have in a restaurant I'm sure it starts many conversations, excellent work on how to eliminate the shadow.<br>

<strong>Ofey </strong> - beautiful atmosphere you captured here. B&W is the right choice for sure.<br>

<strong>Bryan</strong> - wonderful story as we're not sure if we're in the air yet or not.... So seeing the sunrise through the air balloons is great.<br>

<strong>Raaj </strong> - great candid capture of a moment in time & you're welcome.<br>

<strong>Janne</strong> - I love the almost dreamy "feel" of the building (castle or something) in the background. Almost as if we're just imagining it....<br>

<strong>Deep vishy </strong> - very dreamy feel to this shot. Lovely colors & use of dof<br>

<strong>Dave</strong> - beautiful landscape<br>

<strong>Steve </strong> - beautiful landscape & B&W conversion<br>

<strong>Alex</strong> - fun perspective & a sweet, yet fun portrait<br>

<strong>Aguinaldo</strong> - beautiful, could just as well be a 1960's artsy capture.<br>

<strong>Matt</strong> - fun shot of a great & oh so typical story. They do have a mind of their own. ;-) Great capture.<br>

<strong>Bernard </strong> - love this shot, tells such a story<br>

<strong>Jeffrey</strong> - very artsy shot, love seeing the path<br>

<strong>Mark H</strong> - that looks like the Santa Monica Pier....... Lovely dreamy feel to it.<br>

<strong>Mark M</strong> - fun shot & an excellent B&W conversion<br>

<strong>Eric</strong> - neat water effect, must have been great to see. Live & learn.... You have the right idea. :-)<br>

<strong>Juho Niva </strong> - welcome to posting, I love the light to dark to spot light & how the real color is with the bee. Great framing<br>

<strong>Tony </strong> - beautiful moody landscape<br>

<strong>Eric Arnold </strong> - neat shot, effect used in many photos for rock etc albums.<br>

<strong>Waldemar</strong> - you keep reminding me what stunning colors that lens gives. Beautiful macro. Well done.<br>

<strong>Tiffany</strong> - beautiful portrait with wonderful feel & mood. Just lovely post processing.<br>

<strong>Barry </strong> - love the color & feel of this shot. Angle makes me think roses all the time I look at it.<br>

<strong>Suresh</strong> - looks like a fun place to visit. Fun candid.<br>

<strong>Kiem </strong> - I love the fact that we see the back of the performer & get to see the reaction of the audience in this shot. I've always loved shots like these.<br>

<strong>Jay</strong> - fun self-portrait<br>

<strong>Jim</strong> - nice capture which I'm sure will bring forth a lot of good memories for a long time to come.<br>

<strong>Filip </strong> - hauntingly beautiful seascape. Love the colors.<br>

<strong>Shane</strong> - great idea & execution. Beautiful landscape<br>

<strong>Paul</strong> - beautiful portrait of the bride making her feel very special I'm sure.<br>

<strong>Lex </strong> - you're making me hungry.<br>

<strong>Aaron </strong> - excellent B&W<br>

<strong>Eric Angelo</strong> - excellent experiment with a result which looks very dangerous<br>

<strong>Shekar</strong> - so tell me, is this in the wild or a very beautiful setting zoo? Love how the light hits the tiger just right.<br>

<strong>Anish </strong> - love the colors & thank you for sharing the story<br>

<strong>Jose Antonio Ramirez</strong> - beautiful capture of dog interaction. I think this should be printed & framed. Even become a card saying "Always listen to your elders & friends"<br>

<strong>Mikhail</strong> - captivating-ly beautiful<br>

<strong>Evan </strong> - neat perspective<br>

<strong>Barry </strong> - neat shot with the reflection of the people etc inside & the plan outside - great story<br>

<strong>Ty </strong> - now he/she/it looks rather angry.... Doesn't like the location maybe??? Great use of dof<br>

<strong>Kris </strong> - beautiful sunset seascape from NY - is that a filter or natural?<br>

<strong>Finlay </strong> - beautiful portrait of your dog.<br>

<strong>Elliot</strong> - now that's one scary-looking spider. Excellent macro<br>

<strong>Murali </strong> - nice shot showing adult Greenie, as opposed to my juvenile.<br>

<strong>Paul sooHoo </strong> - beautiful landscape & show of zone system, must have been stunning to see.<br>

<strong>Terry </strong> - lovely colors in this night shot<br>

<strong>Roberta </strong> - lovely candid of a beautiful young woman<br>

<strong>Hans</strong> - welcome to posting, lovely colors & great use of dof<br>

<strong>Jill</strong> - beautiful shot of a girl & her pony. There's a show scene for sure.<br>

<strong>Wenshu</strong> - I've tried doing the same thing. Mine have been a complete loss, yours is nice. Well done.<br>

<strong>Yuriy</strong> - fun play with perspective<br>

<strong>Michael </strong> - fun way of creating something artsy<br>

<strong>Steve</strong> - neat shot playing with perspective, love seeing the three so very different building styles so close to each other.<br>

<strong>Robert </strong> - very nice subject<br>

<strong>Lance</strong> - interesting colors you got.<br>

<strong>Jon</strong> - that's a nice statue of Jeanne d'Arc. Your choice of angle/perspective makes her look more powerful & adds to the sword's<br>

<strong>Tom</strong> - that shot is really 3D - it just jumps off the page. Great action<br>

OK I have to hope I did not miss anyone's submission. Great week as always. It's so inspiring & fun to look at these threads each week. Great week forum.<br>

Lil :-)</p>

<p>

<p >Wednesdays are the days of the week for photo inspiration. I have to push my self to do something special just to try and stay in the same ballpark as these photos. They just get better each week. It really shows that people are putting a lot of effort into their posts here.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Jose - interesting twist – extremely sharp focus</p>

<p >Chris – also extremely sharp focus in the macro</p>

<p >Per-Christian- you picked a good one. The stop action and kightibg ob her hair make the photo</p>

<p >Darko- caught the dog just right to make a touching photo</p>

<p >Alejandro – the B&W and water spray work perfectly together</p>

<p >Wouter – very nice take on the speed boat – works very well – excellent</p>

<p >Lil – the eye on the bird is captivating = good shot</p>

<p >Mike – interesting clpse up and angle. The red and white work well</p>

<p >Pedro – your photo story makes my mouth burn.</p>

<p >Dieter – beautiful soft colors and tones, blends perfectly</p>

<p >Phil – that photo is not loss in the mist – nice job</p>

<p >Ton – I’ve run out of compliments for you – super as always</p>

<p >Bogdan – I really like this one - it’s a artful photo- you need to print and frame it</p>

<p >Harvey – super angle of view, good job on the exposure under difficult conditions.</p>

<p >Ian – forceful B&W</p>

<p >Marc – interesting shot and subject, it works</p>

<p >Tolga – nicely framed action shot</p>

<p >Gary – dramatic</p>

<p >Luis – the horns work well in B&W</p>

<p >Sjoerd – In Vermont their called Alpine Slides - the photo shows the fun involved</p>

<p >Hamish – I wish I had a fraction of your travels. Super Photo</p>

<p >Rene – I like the way the colors blend with the black backround</p>

<p >Kemal – unique and original, colorful</p>

<p >Robert – It’s a car seat, very different</p>

<p >Draganco – nice travel shot</p>

<p >Ken – good eye to that in Central Park</p>

<p >Jeannean – the elements and colors blend perfectly</p>

<p >Jens – Nice production</p>

<p >Matthew – I like the way the soft background makes them stand out</p>

<p >Joe – nice touch with the rose. Wait till those other buds bloom</p>

<p >David – Nice capture and composition.</p>

<p >Richard – your photo brings the scene across perfectly</p>

<p >Graham – welcome to the thread – nice soft touch</p>

<p >Miles – Nice framing against the water</p>

<p >Wayne – classic landscape done excellently - brilliant colors</p>

<p >Kent – super under difficult lighting</p>

<p >Ray – Perfect exposure with the candle</p>

<p >Tim – that’s a great use of shallow DOF. The fruit stands out perfectly</p>

<p >Jim – the framing and numbers work perfectly</p>

<p >MS – nice scenery shot. The road is a good element</p>

<p >Rick – cute close-up of the critter</p>

<p >Benjamin – right choice with the B&W. great contrast</p>

<p >Dan – good find</p>

<p >Charles – nailed the focus perfectly on a moving element. Good use of colors</p>

<p >Jeff – interesting setup – guess we know who on top in that relationship</p>

<p >William – not luck, skill made that photo</p>

<p >Steven – it must have been hard to find that one</p>

<p >Paul – the water droplets add an original touch</p>

<p >Gwen – the colors blend well</p>

<p >Louis – super B&W conversation</p>

<p >Jamie – amazing who the fox blends in with the background</p>

<p >Ivan – wonderful shot</p>

<p >Cees – extremely interesting photo – some tidal shift</p>

<p >Amy – you gave them their money worth.</p>

<p >Wade – I bet your nephew loves it</p>

<p >Jon – nice job, bet it was hard to find</p>

<p >Christian – fine cityscape</p>

<p >Dallas – good job with a hard exposure. Sows that work that went into it</p>

<p >Jeffery – Fun photo of the kid</p>

<p >Lawrence - Nice - super position on a fun shot. Captures the performer perfectly</p>

<p >Sanford - I hear the Music</p>

<p > Doug – good use of the sky</p>

<p >Ertugrul – great silhouette, lots of detail</p>

<p >Geert – How did you get such great contrast. Perfect B&W</p>

<p >Paula - good framing and capture.</p>

<p >Ken – love the wide angle. Always like film</p>

<p >Phil – it makes me want to take a vacation. Very Nice</p>

<p >Zoltan – So we now know what you look like. You shoot with both eyes open. </p>

<p >Carey – I like the soft background</p>

<p >John – still doing a nice job on the cars. I went back to Arthur ave for tonight’s dinner</p>

<p >Thomas – great candid portrait. Forceful</p>

<p >Shun – that an interesting find. </p>

<p >Wayne – love anything to dow with trains and railroads</p>

<p >Keerthi – nice availanle light shoot</p>

<p >Ofey – that photo does have character</p>

<p >Bryan – very artistic composition, well done</p>

<p >Raaj – sometimes you do find the best picture where you don’t expect it</p>

<p >Janne – good job turning out a interesting shot</p>

<p >Deep – nice and bright</p>

<p >Dave – spectacular landscape</p>

<p >Steve – good find</p>

<p >Alex – a new D300, you’ll have fun. Nice shot</p>

<p >Aguinaldo – super conversation on the cityscape</p>

<p >Matt – great as usual – caught the expressions perfectly</p>

<p >Bernard – love travel photos off the main path. Classic photo</p>

<p >Jeffery – its better in b&w</p>

<p >Mark H – you got the DX lens to work well of full frame film</p>

<p >Mark M .- a very different self portrait. Good sense of humor</p>

<p >Eric – quite the explosion of color</p>

<p >Juho – welcome to the thread</p>

<p >Tony – Dramitic shot</p>

<p >Eric – the slow shutter does make the photo</p>

<p >Waldemar – Excellent colorful shot of the butterfly</p>

<p >Tiffany – you do a nice job with portraits.</p>

<p >Barry – I liked this one as soon as I saw it. Original flower sjot</p>

<p >Suresh – like the colors in the cowboy shot.</p>

<p >Kiem – interesting composition</p>

<p >Jay – the shadow knows.</p>

<p >Jim – super use of available light. Highlights the card players well.</p>

<p >Filip – I like the way the exposure highlights the rocks</p>

<p >Shane – interesting frame</p>

<p >Paul – the bride should like that one</p>

<p >Lex – you make your food look better than mine.</p>

<p >Aaron – excellent time foe B&W, it makes this photo</p>

<p >Eric – nice sryup with the penlight</p>

<p >Shekar – best wildlife of the thread</p>

<p >Anish – I like the way you captured the look on her face</p>

<p >Jose – instant classic dog photo</p>

<p >Mikhail – stop it – I’m telling you that you getting too good.. we can’t keep up</p>

<p >Evan – you nailed the lighting</p>

<p >Barry – great effect, was that Jet Blue out of Long Beach?</p>

<p >Ty – is that the end result of eating bohken. Turns you into a funny creature?</p>

<p >Kris – you caught that one just right, nice job</p>

<p >Finlay – how did you get the dog to pose. Good capture</p>

<p >Elliot – intense Macro</p>

<p >Murali – excellent work with the telephoto</p>

<p >Paul - the most artistic B&W I’ve seen in a long time</p>

<p >Terry – colorful night shot</p>

<p >Roberta – clear candid portrait, but did she really like the ice cream</p>

<p >Hans – super first effort</p>

<p >Jill – I like the way you framed the shot from the rear</p>

<p >Wenshu – nice angle of view</p>

<p >Yuriy – interesting perspective</p>

<p >Michael – the shadow on the wall tells the story well</p>

<p >Steve – good eye on the composure</p>

<p >Robert – hot rod, hot photo</p>

<p >Lance – interesting group you have there</p>

<p >Jon – good exposure control keeping the sky and statue in sync</p>

<p >Tom – that’s a great action shot</p>

<p > </p>

<p >GREAT JOB EVERYONE</p>

</p>

<p>To Paul, Jeannean, Lil and Joseph, thank you for taking the time to mention my photo and to comment on so many of the photos, very nice. Joseph, yep, Jet Blue out of LB and a hassle free ride it was. I have about 6 or 7 similar ones, some closer in, but that's the one I liked best at the moment. </p>

<p>Thanks for the comments.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Kent – super under difficult lighting</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The light in the tunnel had a decided blue cast from being filtered through the water. In the original slide, the little girl is quite blue. I debated leaving her that way to preserve the atmosphere but finally decided she looked better de-blued.</p>

<p>Jeannean, Lil and Joseph: Thank you for kind words, really encouraging for a newbie. The most difficult thing for me is getting the subject in focus, especially when I set the lens at f4 or larger and keep moving while pressing the shutter. Good thing is that I was so happy when I got a even slightly out-of-fucus picture. LOL. Great displays and have fun everyone!</p>

<p>Wonderful work everyone, as usual. A few that especially caught my eye:</p>

<p><strong>Jose</strong> - The subtle colors and contrasting textures are beautiful.</p>

<p><strong>Chris Court</strong> - Your insect photos continue to amaze. Hard to believe you get these results "merely" by using good lenses and good technique. You must have some tricks up your sleeve.</p>

<p><strong>Gary McGhee</strong> - Wow!</p>

<p><strong>Hamish</strong> - Gorgeous as usual. (While I was at a stupid arctic exhibit at the zoo, you were actually at the Arctic Circle!)</p>

<p><strong>Louis</strong> - Reminiscent of Ansel's famous aspen pictures but with a 21st century sparkle.</p>

<p><strong>Cees</strong> - Wonderful shading and atmosphere. HDR?</p>

<p><strong>Geert</strong> - Love the long shadows.</p>

<p><strong>Matt</strong> - We have friends with Vizslas who (the dogs, not the friends) are spoiled princesses. They (the dogs again) are easily distracted. Hard to believe they (Vizslas - using too many pronouns) can be trained to hunt.</p>

<p><strong>Mark M</strong> - Lots of extension!</p>

<p><strong>Shekar</strong> - The tiger appears ready to leap the wall and eat my children. Would love to hear the story behind this image.</p>

<p><strong>Jim Baughman</strong> - Wonderful nostalgic atmosphere.</p>

<p><strong>Tom Theodore</strong> - Great picture! People rave about the 300mm f/4, but seeing this effect steels me to hold out for an f/2.8.</p>

<p><strong>Dave Lee and Steve Lyon</strong> - What are the odds of having two beautiful pictures from the Snoqualmie River posted one right after the other!</p>

<p>And <strong>Gwen</strong> - What are the odds of two Detroit Zoo pictures the same week? (I was there a couple of days before you.)</p>

<p>I've left out several pictures I thought were wonderful beyond words - literally.</p>

<p>My sincere thanks to those who commented on my photo - Phil, MS Keil, Alex, Benjamin, Eric, Filip, Paul, Jeannean, Lil, Joseph and Kent. Kent, I must confess, I have no special tricks, other than the good fortune to own some superb Nikon glass, and a passing familiarity with Photoshop. I have found that every Nikon macro that I have used is incredibly sharp, and imparts a particular "pop" to images that is hard to describe. Photography in general, and particularly macro photography is an area in which I am constantly being reminded just how little I know.</p>

<p>I went slowly through every one of these photos, and there's not a bad one in the bunch, however the ones that especially spoke to me are:<br>

Jose: Proving that you can get a razor sharp image without using a macro lens.<br>

Wouter: GREAT action photo.<br>

Lil: Perfect focus. I'm always amazed how un-intimidated the Green Herons are by humans.<br>

Phil, Dave Lee, Paul Soohoo: What peaceful scenes<br>

Ton: Your familiar mastery<br>

Gary: Just, wow<br>

Wayne: How I miss the mountains<br>

Geert: Classic scene<br>

John DeMarco: Simple but classic. The highlight makes the shot<br>

Tiffany: Love the eyes<br>

Barry: Striking colours!!<br>

Aaron: Sinister<br>

Tom: Just great!</p>

<p>Rock on!<br>

Chris</p>

<p>Special thanks to those who spend time and effort to comment . I appreciated this , so very much. It's a real pleasure for me to read each and every comment.. Please keep dooing this ! I'm proud to be a part of this forum, and I always look forward to the next Wednesday.</p>

<p>Special thanks to <strong>Jeannean</strong> , <strong>Lil</strong> and <strong>Joseph </strong> for spending time and commenting on each and every photo.</p>

<p><strong>Jeannean: </strong> It's really a nice little gem, I bought it when there were very few reviews available. But it's really a nice lens.<br>

<strong>Lil: </strong> I liked that simplicity and clealiness of this photo.<br>

<strong>Joseph: </strong> Perfect exposure and simple photo... looks good (I guess so)<br>

Thanks once again for commenting on my photo.<br>

Ray</p>

<p>Too busy to post this week, but stimulated as always by the great work here by everyone!<br>

These are the images that particularly caught my attention:</p>

<p>@Jose, the thistle from the fire... Fires feel so tragic. Now, let's see what grows up in the area. I like the bokeh and the sharpness of the thistle. Nice tones.<br>

@Chris Court, the bee(?) is really remarkable<br>

@Pedro, the diptych of tasty sushi<br>

@Dieter, solitude on the hilltop<br>

@Phil, the canoe in the fog<br>

@Ton, what wonderful characters you encounter. Great subject, superb execution, starts me thinking about the story.<br>

@Harvey, your grandson through the floor grate. He's certainly having fun!<br>

@Ian, cliff and sea, wow! And shot with a Pronea!<br>

@Hamish, the cairn with sun, very nicely done!<br>

@Kemal, orange building reflected in water, very nice<br>

@Ken, the dark bird in Central Park<br>

@Jens, tree, road, sun, all in fog<br>

@Graham, orchid in white and orange, beautiful, interesting, and unusual.<br>

@Wayne, Crested Butte, gotta love that scenery at this time of year. A few years ago, I was in Marble and Redstone CO in mid-September seeing the same colors.<br>

@Amy, a beautiful child and a beautiful photo. <br>

@Christian, Barcelona street in B&W<br>

@Ertugrul, silhouette at sunset, so much going on, plenty of ambiguity, nice.<br>

@Geert, Tibert B&W, a lively image. So much great B&W being posted here, it's gotten me to try some B&W conversions. Contrast control sure is easier than in the old days!<br>

@Bernard, the Shanghai alley, well exposed in difficult lighting<br>

@Mark M, Self Portrait with LF... Yes, you got my attention. I love photo-jokes.<br>

@Tony, Saskatchewan plains with storm, grey sky<br>

@Waldemar, Monarch butterfly<br>

@Tiffany, child portrait<br>

@Shekar, Tiger<br>

@Evan, low angle portrait of guy on couch. You asked for comments... In Photoshop, Convert to Profile... sRGB. Until most browsers have color management. This will help avoid the shift you are seeing from color-in-photoshop to color-on-the-web. The more vivid the colors, the more important this is. I'm viewing your image in Safari/Mac, which does do color management, and the reds/yellows look fine.<br>

@Finlay, Hound Dawg. Character. Dignity. Must be the alpha dog in your house.<br>

@Hans, nice brown mushroom.<br>

@Tom, a great football shot.</p>

<p> </p>