What monitor calibrator are you using?

<p>I use an ancient MonacoSensor that came with Monaco EZcolour. Bought off ebay eons ago for dirt cheap. It won't calibrate LCD screens, just CRTs. It didnt' even have a good reputation when I bought it, but it seems to do the job, as my prints made from custom profiles look like what I see on my monitor. Once my CRT dies, though, I'll have to get a newer model.</p>

<p>Monitor calibration is one thing. Monitor + printer calibration is perhaps the better option for many of us (unless you have your printing done externally). Both instruments can drift and require periodic calibration. You can get an expert to do both for you, but that doesn't take care of future needs to recalibrate. I haven't made the leap yet, but am favoring the Colormunki kit for that, unless something else looks better in the meantime. You might want to see Ctein's article in a review in Photo Techniques this year. Sorry, I misplaced the copy so I cannot say if it was a spring or summer edition.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>If you have a "pro" printer like the epson 3880 or 4880 how important is being able to calibrate the printer? I've heard: "not so much" as they come calibrated and tend to stay that way. I am looking for opinions on this though. <br>

Its seems like the answer to that question will help me decide between the EyeOne or the ColorMunki. <br>

Thanks in advance. </p>

<p>If you have a "pro" printer like the epson 3880 or 4880 how important is being able to calibrate the printer? I've heard: "not so much" as they come calibrated and tend to stay that way. I am looking for opinions on this though. <br>

Its seems like the answer to that question will help me decide between the EyeOne or the ColorMunki. <br>

Thanks in advance. </p>