Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #33

jose_angel

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Following up my earlier post today:<br>

<strong>Sjoerd, Cees, Erik, Mike, Richard, Tim, Benjamin</strong>: Thank you all for your kind words. I guess she has the looks from her mother ;)<br>

I'm starting to repeat myself, but all images here are fantastic. Great inspiration, and also a drive for finding new images until next Wednesday. It is hard to pick a few photos from this myriad of creativity, but this week, the following has struck a special chord in me:<br>

<strong>Alejandro</strong>: Intriguing close-up of the cactus<br>

<strong>Mike</strong>: I'd like to learn more of your DOF technique<br>

<strong>Oskar</strong>: Well seen, funny pic and I like the caption! ;)<br>

<strong>Ray G</strong>: Beautiful macro - makes me want to shoot macro again..<br>

<strong>Tony:</strong> Strong image with exciting light<br>

<strong>Kevin</strong>: That Rock-guy is giving everything!<br>

<strong>Paula</strong>: You made me laugh! Funny bird.<br>

<strong>Epp:</strong> Fascinating image, and beautiful color tones.<br>

<strong>Draganco</strong>: That tiger close-up looks dangerous<br>

<strong>Steve P</strong>: Sweet dancers</p>

<p>As Wednesday is not yet over in some parts of the world, I'm looking forward to many more pictures. Keep'em coming!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Took a walk in the White Mountains in New Hampshire and found this lonely mushroom. Handheld with a D40, 18-55 kit lens at 55mm, 1/4 sec f8, iso 200 matrix metered. I played with the original raw file in Raw Therapee, and put 3 versions of it into Essential HDR (community edition), and this is what came out...</p><div>00UCP5-164613584.jpg.8ecee7f0f0ccff72f50cb5c79c9b85ef.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>all pictures presented above are extremely no good.</p>

</blockquote>

<p><br /> You've said that before. I'd like to see what your idea of "good" is. Maybe the "Critique Forum" is where you should be. (I like those pics too...but what do I know.)<br /> <br /> I can honestly say that I love each and every picture for a variety of reasons. Maybe it's because I'm just rediscovering my love for photography, that I find everyone's efforts to be GREAT...simply because they took the time to make the shot. In this world of hurry up, hurry up... it's SO relaxing to take a moment to SEE what's around us and that's what this thread is all about. Did I know of the oil spill in Per-Christian's area of Norway? No. I live close to South Padre Island, TX, so I do know of the ecological mayhem when one occurs. Did I appreciate his choosing his beautiful daughter to post instead of ecological grime? Yes. I love beauty. I am nothing but a person who has discovered a new world around them due to a simple camera and a few inexpensive lenses...and inspiration and invaluable advice/postings from people here. I don't claim to be a world class photographer...most of us here don't even think in those terms. We are people who want to share a corner/glimpse of our world through our eyes. That's it. No more. No contest. No prizes. Let us enjoy each other's world without rancor. Thankyouverymuch.</p>

<p>We've been having some wild storms in southern Ontario all summer. The other night the thunderstorm came through but for about half an hour before it started to rain there was nothing but heat lightning right above my house!</p>

<p>I took this photo well after sunset and all the light in the sky is from the lightning. It was a 92 second exposure with my front house lights turned on for about 10 seconds.</p><div>00UCPY-164619684.jpg.5682b8099863b6ef94373f7514dba973.jpg</div>

<p>Dariusz - the only thing which is "extremely no good" is your attitude. Especially given that many people here are not only talented but also friendly, and highly generous with their time, advice and vision.</p>

<p>So for fear of putting it too delicately, piss off and let us enjoy our forum.</p>

<p>Now that this has been said, my 'shout outs' as I remain in constant awe of the work each week. Again I'm embarassed at selecting just a handful because all images are good. But the ones that speak to me most of this lot are:<br>

Per-Christian, Ton, Nina, Dario, Hasse, Chris, Benjamin, Elliott, John, Steve, Sean (the city in which I did most of my childhood!), Thangavelu, Epp, Steve, Dan, and my own favourite is the amazing capture and composition from Uzay.</p>

<p><strong>Moderator's note:</strong></p>

<ol>

<li> Sorry for the disruption, folks. A troll has been banned. It was not a miscommunication, just a troll. </li>

<li>Lawrence, I'll try to fix the embedded image tag in your first post.</li>

<li>Dan - remember to resize to 700 pixels or less in width for photos to appear inline with the thread rather than as a link.</li>

</ol>

<p>Congratulations to all on another excellent Wednesday! The great thing about this, is seeing all the different types of subject matter represented here from every corner of the world. The outstanding work of the fine people here definitely make my days more enjoyable. Thank you to Walter, great shot from the cab, think i'll go and smoke a stogie now :) Much thanks to you Bernard, nice capture, glad that you liked my image. Happy shooting to everyone, see you all again next week. John D.</p>