Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #31

jose_angel

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Goodmorning,<br>

I'm sorry to post The WedNESday PIC on thursday. Too much hazzle makes time slipping away too often.<br>

My backyard here in Holland is a very special National Park. Called The Oosterschelde Estuary. Home of thousands of lobsters, and millions of clams and oysters. The estuary is the remains of the prehistorical river The Scheldt. The light, late in the afternoon, is sometimes great.<br>

I trie to master my new D700 for a month now. Still experimenting with the different setups. This picture was taken on a tripod with a (circulating) polarizing filter in front of the lens (Nikkor 17-35 mm f/2.8).<br>

Good light everybody,<br>

Cees</p><div>00U4yU-159883684.jpg.bb4ced8e03f4469711610bc4d4c902c4.jpg</div>

<p >Wow.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >It is a danger that I repeat myself, but the thread just gets better and better. All fantastic images this week, but some really makes a special impression on me:</p>

<p ><strong>Jose:</strong> Beautiful flower stills.</p>

<p ><strong>Chris:</strong> Your macro shots and presentation frame continues to amaze me</p>

<p ><strong>Lil:</strong> Your IR images are just fantastic. You really inspire me and makes me want to convert my old D70 to IR. Downside is that I then will have to use a G10-P&S as backup L Thank you for your comment, by the way.</p>

<p ><strong>Alejandro & Erik</strong>: Very nice communication with the model</p>

<p ><strong>Ilkka:</strong> Aaaah, those Nordic sunsets</p>

<p ><strong>Matthew:</strong> Funny</p>

<p ><strong>Dieter:</strong> Thank you for your comment. Sweet Gorilla shot</p>

<p ><strong>Monika:</strong> Beautiful macro and color tones</p>

<p ><strong>Ray:</strong> Thank you for your comment. </p>

<p ><strong>Curt:</strong> I like your shot</p>

<p ><strong>Aguinaldo</strong>: Very impressive photo</p>

<p ><strong>Trevor:</strong> Nice composition and colors</p>

<p ><strong>Filip:</strong> Thank you for your comment. </p>

<p ><strong>Jesse:</strong> Nice night compositions of the Ferris Wheel</p>

<p ><strong>Hector</strong>: Yes, Norway is beautiful and impressive (Of course I'm unbiased - ;) )</p>

<p ><strong>Nina</strong>: Nice video</p>

<p ><strong>Andy C</strong>: You made me laugh!</p>

<p > </p>

<p >To all you other guys: Thank you for inspiring me. Keep up the good work.. </p>

<p >I am already longing for next Wednesday!</p>

<p>George Paris: Thank You! for the comment.</p>

<p>It was difficult to get auto-focus work using @f/6.3, sometimes I used manual focus and due to that could not get picture in focus. I went there to learn manual focus and fast action shot. I am happy that I could take few pictures which were really nice.<br>

I hope I can do better in coming weeks.</p>

<p>Ray</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5100903">"Odhran McKee</a> , Jul 30, 2009; 05:29 p.m.<br>

<br /> I feel like a boy among men.."<br>

<br /> Some of us posting are women. ;-) I know what you mean though. However, this thread isn't a contest to see who's best. I'm a complete newbie to DSLR and found this forum and thread to be very helpful in my learning process, not to mention a fun way to see the world from different eyes and different places. I felt intimidated posting my photos at first, but did so anyway, because even though they aren't great technically, they are a view from me. I don't have the equipment, skills, or "eyes" some have, but am trying anyway. (Photography was a hobby for me early in life, then life got in the way, and now, it's come back in a different format. I've forgotten what it was like to take 35mm film, go into the darkroom and process them.) Anyway, my point is to anyone reading this...take the courage to post your photo of the week. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece...just your view from your corner of the world. We (I think I speak for most of us here) will appreciate it. :)</p>

<p><strong>Dear All,</strong> <br /> Fantastic images and quite inspiring. As a first time poster, I am very thrilled to be a part of this forum. Thanks to Per-Christian and Richard for the kind words. I am eagerly looking forward to next week.</p>

<p>Well this thread is always fun & inspiring. Every week I so look forward to it.<br>

I want to start by saying <strong>Thank You to Ray Gosalia, George Paris, Filip Lucin, Alex (you're just too sweet), Benjamin, Kris Bochenek, Bernard Mills & Per-Christian. </strong> You are all so very sweet & kind.<br>

To <strong>Hasse & all those who feel I inspire them with the IR shots</strong> - IR is fun & I'm glad I inspire with them. It's a different world & I am having so much fun with the IR. I am so happy to have IR converted this little D70 - not a decision I've regretted at all.<br>

To <strong>Dieter</strong> - I know colorized are not for everyone. But interestingly, the first time I posted my IR shots anywhere I got comments back - "now it's time for you to learn how to colorize them". So I think it depends on preference & site. I have friends who like the colorized best..... So personalized preference is something I'm all for. I often make two versions of shots - one straight IR converted & one colorized. I just thought I'd share a colorized this time for the forum to experience. :-)<br>

Now to the rest of the thread - - as usual - - I always try to find something positive to say about each photo & will attempt to do so as usual.....<br>

Picking up where I stopped....<br>

<strong>Ertugrul</strong> - love the shadow shot of the drying fish - excellent for B&W<br>

<strong>Ian</strong> - love the play of dof & elements of that shot in the field with the sky<br>

<strong>Alejandro</strong> - lovely portrait of your nephew<br>

<strong>Sjoerd </strong> - super sweet shot<br>

<strong>Ilkka</strong> - stunning sunset - love the colors & reflexions<br>

<strong>Matthew</strong> - fun & different capture & setting for that kangaroo<br>

<strong>Susan </strong> - wonderful, colorful macro<br>

<strong>Dieter</strong> - wonderful shot of the baby gorilla. Just beautiful.<br>

<strong>Steve</strong> - nice candid from the airport<br>

<strong>Justin</strong> - love the beach shot<br>

<strong>Gary</strong> - lovely framing on that peacock<br>

<strong>Waldemar</strong> - wonderful lush garden - wonderful colors & no wonder you get such sweet macros.<br>

<strong>Monika</strong> - beautiful butterfly macro - color & detail<br>

<strong>Benjamin</strong> - wonderful seascape - sunrise or sunset.... I'm guessing sunrise.<br>

<strong>Aaron</strong> - wonderful night shot - I've just finished reading a book which speaks of how we're supposed to see the "finished shot" while we shoot it.<br>

<strong>Wayne </strong> - well now we have a face to the name - very nice self-portrait<br>

<strong>Peter</strong> - lovely silky water shot<br>

<strong>Tom</strong> - really get a feel for the depth of that shot.<br>

<strong>Ray</strong> - great dog action shot. We used to have a Yellow Labrador which loved chasing a Frisbee. <br>

<strong>Matt</strong> - love the statement & love the fact that if you use some imagination & look at that old tree you can see the head of a wild animal.....<br>

<strong>Travis</strong> - could almost be an ad for golfing<br>

<strong>Murali</strong> - welcome to posting & nice shot of the Mallard couple<br>

<strong>Jim</strong> - love the artistic pp'ing of that shot<br>

<strong>Dan</strong> - such a fun shot of your son on the battle ship.<br>

<strong>Kent</strong> - interesting pp on that shot - love the reflections in the sunglasses etc.<br>

<strong>Tom</strong> - beautiful shot of the Tern in flight - they're fast so that's well done.<br>

<strong>Tim</strong> - very interesting shot, looks very neat.<br>

<strong>Tony</strong> - that's one rusty pipe you found. love the colors & patterns.<br>

<strong>Hasse</strong> - Emelie is just a stunning model - great shot (just get an IR converted camera - what's holding you back?)<br>

<strong>Kemal</strong> - interesting graffiti - love the colors & angle.<br>

<strong>Jeannean</strong> - love the colors & framing on this one - pulls us in.<br>

<strong>Curt </strong> - just love the angle & colors.<br>

<strong>Robert</strong> - love the depth of this shot. Nice HDR effect as well.<br>

<strong>Shawn</strong> - welcome to posting & not to hurt your feelings - but that's just got to be Notre Dame...... Well actually - - I know that's Notre Dame. I love that building, so neat with all it's angles etc. nice shot.<br>

<strong>Phil</strong> - love the effect of the hovering car you got. Fun shot.<br>

<strong>David </strong> - lovely B&W film shot.<br>

<strong>Aguinaldo</strong> - just a great shot.<br>

<strong>Carey</strong> - love the shades of green & shadow in this one.<br>

<strong>Patricio </strong> - congratulations on your new lens. most of my friends test their long lenses out on twigs - that's now a joke ...... I like your test better. :-)<br>

<strong>Jeff </strong> - love the low angle.<br>

<strong>Mitch</strong> - really get a feel for movement in this shot of the Macaw<br>

<strong>Alvin</strong> - nice golf shot.<br>

<strong>Kim</strong> - love the mood & feel of this fountain shot.<br>

<strong>Tolga</strong> - love the story your photo tells me.<br>

<strong>Miles</strong> - great Tour De France shot<br>

<strong>Dan</strong> - love the patterns, regular & irregular.<br>

<strong>Bruce</strong> - that makes me hungry for Thai food. Wonderful colors..... Feels so fresh.<br>

<strong>Keith </strong> - you are so lucky to get these visitors. Shows how well the fawns blend into their environment.<br>

<strong>George</strong> - love the sunset silhouette. Such warm & beautiful colors.<br>

<strong>Christopher</strong> - love the play on dof & colors.<br>

<strong>Doug</strong> - stunning hummer shot<br>

<strong>Raden Munim</strong> - lovely post processing going with the mood of the shot<br>

<strong>Sanford</strong> - I love the message that two little dogs can so hold the attention for grown men. ;-)<br>

<strong>Amy</strong> - stunning portrait of your daughter - love the processing as well.<br>

<strong>Trevor</strong> - love the colors of this one<br>

<strong>Nick</strong> - must have been amazing to see..... what an experience....<br>

<strong>Brian</strong> - love the dof, colors & detail - lovely<br>

<strong>Anand</strong> - just lovely.....<br>

<strong>Filip </strong> - nice night photograph.<br>

<strong>Arun</strong> - love the depth of this shot.<br>

<strong>Bernard </strong> - lovely goose you got there. Beautiful color on that beak & feet.<br>

<strong>Phil </strong> - congratulations on getting the Loon. Nice reflections<br>

<strong>Ofey</strong> - lovely series.... What sweet colors....<br>

<strong>Ken</strong> - lovely shot of the castle. Loved seeing this as I've wanted to get a bit of a feel for Japanese castles...<br>

<strong>Wayne</strong> - lovely landscape<br>

<strong>David L</strong> - love the old beat up truck.<br>

<strong>Chanh Nguyen</strong> - looks like you got one of those clear & clean air days..... Great. :-)<br>

<strong>Joseph</strong> - what a lovely landscape/seascape.<br>

<strong>MS Keil</strong> - festive carnival-like shot<br>

<strong>Randy</strong> - powerful landscape<br>

<strong>Thangavelu</strong> - beautiful colors, detail & sharpness.....<br>

<strong>Dave Lee</strong> - neat field of view of the old plane.<br>

<strong>Tim Evans </strong> - love the colors....<br>

<strong>Nina</strong> - inventive & peaceful - well done.<br>

<strong>Rodger</strong> - is that a "transformer"???? Out for the movie or??? Neat shot.<br>

<strong>Ray Yeager </strong> - beautiful landscape<br>

<strong>Jesse</strong> - nice night shot<br>

<strong>Darren</strong> - love the use of dof in this macro<br>

<strong>William </strong> - you are just so lucky. Great catch for both of you.....<br>

<strong>Adrian</strong> - what a beautiful & happy photo of the Birthday Girl.....<br>

<strong>Eric</strong> - nice shot of the little boy at the street fair - such attitude<br>

<strong>Lawrence</strong> - looks like an ad photo - wonderful colors...<br>

<strong>Alex</strong> - lovely mother & son portrait.<br>

<strong>Mikhail</strong> - creepy but neat shot.<br>

<strong>Igor </strong> - love the colors & how the men in the background line up & then the lone rodeo rider.....<br>

<strong>James</strong> - super creepy - yet so intriguing.<br>

<strong>Hector </strong> - just beautiful Norwegian landscape.... Wonderful shot.<br>

<strong>Dane</strong> - welcome to posting & what a wonderful shot. Love the colors & that rickety old cart.<br>

<strong>Mark</strong> - just a great action rodeo shot from behind. Got to love it.<br>

<strong>Martijn</strong> - nice park scene, colors & patterns<br>

<strong>Ben</strong> - beautiful daylily...<br>

<strong>Adey</strong> - beautiful landscape with large bales.<br>

<strong>Eric</strong> - wonderful character in that face - - what a model. :-)<br>

<strong>Andy</strong> - that's some attitude. Fun shot.<br>

<strong>Bill</strong> - welcome to posting & finding the forum. Are those northern lights? Neat shot.<br>

<strong>Jens </strong> - that's a lot of bird houses. :-) neat<br>

<strong>Janne</strong> - wonderful shot<br>

<strong>John </strong> - that's one interesting paint job on that BMW. Neat angle<br>

<strong>Homer</strong> - great dog action shot.<br>

<strong>Chris </strong> - love the use of dof field in this one.<br>

<strong>Kris Bochenek</strong> - beautiful wedding photo.<br>

<strong>Rick </strong> - nice volleyball action<br>

<strong>Mark</strong> - I have a wind spinner which the same horse & buggy - nice past vs present photo.<br>

<strong>Red P. Helps</strong> - lovely macro<br>

<strong>Jim </strong> - nice sports action shot<br>

<strong>Wenshu Chen</strong> - love the patterns & color vs. lack of color.<br>

<strong>Matt </strong> - nice to get that lovely sunset as well as the lightning storm at the same time.<br>

<strong>Richard</strong> - interesting post processing....<br>

<strong>Adam</strong> - nice B&W conversion<br>

<strong>Jam Pasion</strong> - framing & color....<br>

<strong>Chad -</strong> lovely use of a wide angle. Love the post processing<br>

<strong>Tony </strong> - lovely night skyline over Seattle<br>

<strong>Cees Maas</strong> - beautiful landscape<br>

<strong>Jorge</strong> - beautiful colors in this shot. nice framing.<br>

<strong>Paul</strong> - just beautiful seascape. Super<br>

<strong>Odhran</strong> - that's some statement..... kids. <br>

OK - that's it for now..... :-) I actually took one hour to go shooting today so I will have something new to post next Wednesday.....<br>

Lil :-)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thank you, Richard and Lil for mentioning. Practice, practice, practice... The castle is to be closed for cleaning and renovation/retrofitting this fall for a while.</p>

<p>And I have to give special mention (belatedly, sorry..) to Rodger Baker's GUNDAM. Nice shot with the flying airplane. I went there yesterday and was sooo impressed by its size and looks. I grew up with the 1st GUNDAM and this life-size one almost brought tears to my eyes :-) Those who don't know, please see here <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam</a>.</p>

<p>one word - <strong>WOW</strong><br>

you know what, one word is not enough<br>

<strong>WOW - WOW -WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW -WOW - WOW - WOW -WOW - WOW -WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW -WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW -WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW -WOW - WOW - WOW</strong></p>

<p>Costas...what a beautiful woman and picture! Honey gold strikes again...and LOL@Joseph! Glad your eyesight is better! (hoping for a full and speedy recovery for 100%!)<br /> <br /> Lil...thank you for once again taking the enormous amount of time to make a comment about each contribution. I know everyone appreciates the kind words and you're a sweetheart to take the time to do it. Thank you.</p>