Renting Camera Bodies?

michaelsmiller

<p>So I am doing a wedding in 2 weeks and my secondary camera body just took a dump on me and I will not be able to get it back from the manufacturer in enough time for my wedding so I am kinda panicking.<br>

I have read on this forum about renting a spare camera body for different events. Should I just hit up a local camera store like Wolf Camera to inquire about this or try online with B & H?<br>

Also, what kind of money are we talking to rent a 40d or 50d for a weekend?<br>

Thanks<br>

Miller</p>

<p>I would visit my local camera store it might be cheaper. Usually they charge your credit card for the amount of the item plus the rental fee which is refundable as long as you return the equipment(in good shape !). If you are lucky, you might get a manual, but that is not guaranteed. Keep in mind it takes a couple of days to get used to the equipment if you have not used it before.<br>

Even if you think you are pretty savvy when it comes to photo equipment, when "show-time" comes around you might freeze-up if you don't which button to press. So that means if you are renting, rent 3 even 4 days ahead of time, to get to know the equipment especially if you are talking about an important shoot. Keep in mind that you are going to be charged for each day the equipment is in your hands... </p>