Push processing Acros Neopan 100?

<p>Well, there are lots of 400 speed films out there....however Acros should push to ISO 200 pretty easily. Use HC110 or stand development in Rodinal diluted 1:100 for about 30 minutes. Agitate the first 30 seconds, and then another 30 seconds halfway through. Pushing it to 400 would only be worth it if you were down to your last roll of film.</p>

<p>Bob, I don't see that they make Neopan 1600 in 120 size, which is one of the types I'd need if I were doing street photography with my 4.5x6 rangefinder indoors since 400 just won't cut it. That's one area where I'm looking for an alternative to Tmax 400 (which I'd normally push to 1600).<br>

Any suggestions there?<br>

The other area I'm trying to fill a gap with is Tmax 100 in 4x5 format, since I used readyload and it's discontinued. I'm guessing Neopan 100 quickload is fine there, so that's not an issue.</p>

<p>Ilford HP5+ rated EI 400 retains good shadow detail when developed in 1:2 XTOL.</p>

<p>I use 35mm gear for low light shooting because the lenses are faster and the DOF is greater for comparable field of view. The use of faster lenses makes it possible to use slower films which mostly offsets the disadvantage of the smaller format. I do, however, use medium or large format when there is planty of light.</p>

<p>Rebecca Brown has the best option here. At least that's what I think after using Diafine on Acros myself. It's not really a "PUSH", but a speed increasing developer. The nice thing is you get an ISO rating of 160 and superb negatives that really scan well and enlarge well. All this with very little apparent grain. This is a "can't miss" combination. Plus, Diafine last forever and is very simple to use. Well, almost forever. You won't believe it until you try it. I know I didn't. JohnW</p>

<p>I don't know if Rebecca is here or not, but like I said, Diafine last forever(almost) so you won't be anything out if it isn't to your liking with Acros. I really think you'll like it with Acros and if you don't you'll love rating Tri-X at ISO1000 to 1250 and getting stunning results with that combination. The truth is Acros was not made to be "pushed". The same with most of the slower films. So, a non-push speed increase is the only option and Diafine gives it to you. I also love Acros in Rodinal 1:100 for 21 minutes as a semi-stand developer, but you won't get any speed increase with that combo. Diafine will also work with other films, but some really come out great and some so-so. JohnW</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I push to 400, looks great, no grain, great colors and contrast. Shooting 645 handheld I usually need a little more speed, so I usually push all my films. I also push Neopan 400 with great results.</p>

<p>I use HC-110 at 1:31 for 9.5min with just 5 inversions at the 1/2 mark for Acros. I have some photos with the data on the second page of my flickr using this process.<br>

Just as a note, I think if shooting Acros at native speed it should be EI 80, likewise, at 400, I had +1/3 stop EV comp set on most shots.</p>

• 8 months later...